Front Wheel/Tyre noise

Pauldon

Reaction score
Hi Guys/Gals, I was wondering if anyone can help..

Recently I've been getting a lot of noise from my front driver side wheel/tyre. It's a droning noise which seems to be at its worst around 40mph+ and particularly when turning left:blink:?

Does anyone have any idea's of what it might be? I have been reading possible tyre or bearing changes but these seem to be on rear tyres.

My car was recently in the garage, I asked them to check bearings and they said all was OK, but he too pointed out I have loud tyre noise (helpful, not!).

Any advice would be great, thanks.

Wheel bearing.

Lots of our bearings fail but when the mechanic does his 'wobble the wheel' test he says it's fine.

Wheel bearing.

Lots of our bearings fail but when the mechanic does his 'wobble the wheel' test he says it's fine.

Great thanks mate. Any particular bearings which are best? Are they easily fitted or am I best off going to a garage?

Reactions: Sayam
Wheel bearings can sometimes seem perfectly ok when tested with a static car, its only when you put a load on when driving them, they go noisy, as you have found out.

They're easy, just three bolts on mine and off it comes.

Erm I honestly can't remember which one my mechanic fitted in mine, I think it was a genuine Audi one.

They're easy, just three bolts on mine and off it comes.

Erm I honestly can't remember which one my mechanic fitted in mine, I think it was a genuine Audi one.

Brill, thanks bud

Reactions: Sayam