Front Wheel Arch Spoilers - Annoying Alignment Gap

SDHA4SLine

Reaction score
Hi,
A while back I noticed a gap between the front bumper and wheel arch spoilers (N/S & O/S) as per the pictures below and it’s been bugging me ever since.
I’m sure that these spoilers are supposed to fit flush within a recess where they meet the front bumper.
I was hoping it was going to be sorted for me when Audi kindly ripped half of the underside of my car off on their ramps! They replaced engine under tray/belly pan, O/S wheel arch liner, both wheel arch spoilers and the bracket that holds spoilers in place. Unfortunately the gap is still present and the Audi tech told me there is no adjustment available, just wondered if they were telling me this to just get rid of me because it was a free of charge job.
Does anyone else have the same gap?
Is it possible to adjust the mounting somewhere behind the spoilers to close the gap?
Photo0016
Photo0017

Looks like the top screw(one on the edge of the red circle in the first pic) has missed the hole in the spoiler. The spoiler has a larger hole that sits over a boss on the bumper support behind, the screw should then screw into the centre of the boss securing the liner and spoiler to the bumper if that makes sense.
Take the screws out and it'll all make sense, easy fix!!

Reactions: SDHA4SLine
Looks like the top screw(one on the edge of the red circle in the first pic) has missed the hole in the spoiler. The spoiler has a larger hole that sits over a boss on the bumper support behind, the screw should then screw into the centre of the boss securing the liner and spoiler to the bumper if that makes sense.

Nice one, thanks. I will take a look at this later if I can get home before its dark :eek: roll on summer time...

At the bottom of the arch liner is an L shaped hook. The hook slots over the bumper skin. It looks like it's not engaged. Remove some liner screws near the bumper, pull the bumper skin outwards, push the liner in and push the bumper skin back in so the hook engages.

Reactions: SDHA4SLine
Pretty sure i took them spoilers off mine, kept scraping all the time when i was running static lows, so just removed them

Looks like that was already ok

However I've worked it out and think it's what Marc B7 was trying to describe. The part that the spoiler bolts on too wasn't fitted properly so need to take it off and fit it on again.