Front tyre wear, Quattro

jerrygttdi

Flat oot
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else out there has expereanced wear on the inside of both front tyres.
The car is a 2.0 tdi s line Quattro. the trouble is that the main tread section of the tyre looks like there is plenty of tread left, but the very inside edge may be worn down to the steel braid. :sadlike:

A good laser alignment should be on your list after replacing the tyres

Cheers guys

car not lowered, just standard s line suspension.

No speed bumps, but roads around here are quite interesting. ie lots of off camber mid corner crests and compression dips.

have spoken to a guy who owns a local garage, he says that he has seen at least 3 other A3 quattro's and quite a few A4 Quattros with the same problem.

mine used to do that even before it was lowered not a Q tho only a fwd A3 got the tracking done loads of times every time they said its just the way they are , a few cars wear tyres on the outer edge the same way seen a few mercs like it

Mine chewed up four perfectly good tyres like this - all the inner edges looked like they'd been chamfered at 45 degrees. A four wheel alignment sorted it out, after four new tyres were fitted. Worth getting the alignment checked at least every six months.

Noticed this on my s3 today. Took the wheels off as I was fitting some H&R springs but did notice that both inside edges are prety worn. Mine will be going in for alignment at the weekend after fitting the springs but fingers crossed that sorts it

i have a 2.0TQS. Had some work done and the insides of the front are warn badly. Rest of them look ok, so its going in for 4 new tyres and alignment...hope it works........off topicish....ATS euromaster have 30% off michelin tyres at mo if you buy 4 or 20% if you buy 2,
im popping down tomorrow.

Very common....alignment on all of the Quattros I've had needed checking regularly.

When my 8P2 went in for it's first service at 10k the dealer called me to say the rear tyres were showing canvas around the inner shoulder, and I hadn't noticed as on the outer edge I had a decent amount of tread left. I don't know if it's the nature of the way the chassis hunkers down on its independent suspension when you give it the beans as when I do motorway mileage on cruise it's far less prevalent. Alignment is always worth doing as **** roads play havoc.

A lot of 4 wheel drive cars wear the insides of the tyres to be honest but i dont know why,loads of porsches do it aswell