Front tweeters inop on Bose Concert System

Purn

Reaction score
Hi everybody. I've searched this forum and the web to find a solution to this but I can't find nout, thus me posting here!

I've got a 1998 A3, with the Bose Concert system fitted. For some strange reason I'm not getting any sound from the tweeters in the front door panel. The rest of the system works fine.

Does any one know what could be causing this?

Are the tweeters wired in parallel with the mid drivers in the front doors or are they powered from a separate stage in the HU?

Thanks for your time and advice in advance!!

The tweeters are indeed just wired in parallel off the main speakers, so you need to get a replacement. They aren't even Bose tweeters just the same Nokia crap from the non Bose system

The tweeters are indeed just wired in parallel off the main speakers, so you need to get a replacement. They aren't even Bose tweeters just the same Nokia crap from the non Bose system

Great, that makes my life much easier! Thanks for the advice.

AndyMac, have you any idea where i can get some replacements from? Can I just pop any old component tweeter there? I remember reading somewhere that this system runs on a silly low impedance, like 1 Ohm or something ridiculous. Is that true?