Front splitter for facelift S7

HARRIM00

Reaction score
Hi all. Been around for years but not posted a lot. Got the S7 a couple of weeks ago and immediately thought it needed a front splitter. Hours of searching and can't really find anything only one by Maxton. Surely there must be something else out there. Also trying to find an excuse for her in door for why I had to buy a full Milltek for it. Might take a trip down to AmD in a few weeks to see what they can do.

Reactions: Bishop187
Don’t spend money on the Milltek!

Have an Indy exhaust shop remove the front resonators and replace with straight pipes.

Remove the center exhaust box and replace with an x-pipe.

Leave the rears in place along with the valves.....:racer:

On the splitter, can’t recomend anything sorry. I’m lowered, and only just clear most pavements when parking with the OEM front....

Cheers RAF. My biggest problem today has been finding a reliable exhaust fabricator in my area. Internet searches reveal that they aren't very good so my search continues.

How loud is yours with the valves shut? It would be nice if it was still respectable when needed but a beast when you want to let rip.

It’s very respectable. Drives like a pussy cat around town, and roars like a lion when I gun it :racer:

A good reference site to look at here

Note that depending on whether you are in a pre or post facelift model, the “pops and bangs” that a lot of people are looking for are very muted.

It's a C7.5 as it's late 2016. Had another thought. Between the resonator delete and the x pipe replacement of the centre box, which gives the most? I might just do the resonator delete and look at doing the x pipe later if it's still not enough.

I did the x-pipe on the center box first.

Had the front resonators deleted the next day!

Then had the back boxes replaced and now I’m reasonably happy. (Kept valve on one side)

The problem with the 4.0tt engine is that the twin turbo’s effectively strangle any V8 burble, so its about finding a balance between the V8 burble, and engine drone. The COD tech doesn’t really help.