Front speakers..

jbh

TDi lover
Reaction score
Website
www.retrobmw.co.uk
So my car has the Bose system I've fitted an aftermarket headunit with Bluetooth. Now the issue I'm having is the adaptor I've used is only taking sound from the rear channels on the stereo so I've no sound while I'm on a call. So I'm planning on rewiring the front speakers but while I'm in there is it worth upgrading them? What size are they?

bose speakers are smaller than std after market speakers and 2ohm rather than 4ohm... you will need to buy or make adaptor rings to get aftermarket to fit if you plan to use them off the aftermarket headunit amp or external amp

<tuffty/>

I'm sorry mate,I don't know the exact one that you need...Audi sound system can be...

non Bose
half Bose
full bose

You need to know which one is yours...half or full Bose.I have oem in mine so can't tell you which is right.Hopefully someone more intelligent than me will come along.Also might be worth posting in the ICE section.

Maybe worth giving those people a call and ask them for advice.

So I got got bored..... I've made my own adapter and it plugs into the Bose plug and gives me all 4 channels!! I'll update with pictures of my DIY adapter later.. no poping or anything like that from it either which I've read about. And it sounds great and I can now answer the phone and hear the caller now :)

Reactions: hydro s3