Front Speakers stopped working A4 Avant with BOSE and RNS-E

Sam Moore

Reaction score
Hello all,

Had a bit of an issue recently with water getting into the Bose amp connector on my A4 B7 Avant causing popping and crackling through the speakers powered by the amp. Have removed the Amp, cleaned and dried the connectors both on the amp and connector clip. Left it over night and plugged back in the next day. Rear speakers, Sub and Dash speaker are all working perfectly, no crackling or popping, but the Driver and Passenger doors speakers have stopped working completely. It is to my understanding that this is powered by the Head unit (it is an Audi rns-e mk1), but what I was unsure about is, are the front speakers linked direct to the head unit, or does it run through a pass through on the loom to the amp? Just seems strange how these have stopped working if they are linked direct to the head unit.

Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on this? Obviously the water has caused some kind of short and I am awaiting for some removal keys, so I can have a look at the wiring on the head unit and test the cables to the front speakers.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you
Sam

So as it turns out, Its a full Bose amped system and the Amp was basically knackered. Bought another amp on Ebay for £40 and its fully working again. Not sure why some people are selling these amps on ebay for over £100, bizarre pricing difference.

Also Changed the head unit for a Kenwood 7017 with a Connects2 kit and everything including the wheel controls are working great. I am used to the old days in the 90s cutting and splicing wires when fitting new headunits to old school hot hatches I`ve had, but it makes a nice change to literally just plug and play. Absolutely love having Waze on the headunit now and spotify streaming too. I should have fitted this ages ago!