Front screen defrost button ?

Hookmonster

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Could somebody tell me what the circled buttons do. please one on the right is rear screen heater and one on left says windscreen and side windows defrost ?

But audi say s3 8p dont have heated front screens ? My screen is broke and there saying it isnt heated ?? Must admit i cant see any heating elements in it..

Thanks
2016 11 03 163133

No heated front screen in these

It cleans the windscreen using the air con iirc

Reactions: Hookmonster
The front one on mine just seems to be a shortcut for max-ing the fan speed and directing it all at the windscreen

The front one on mine just seems to be a shortcut for max-ing the fan speed and directing it all at the windscreen
This is all it does..

How long does it take people's rear window to demist? mine seems to take ages.

The button on the left demists/defrosts the rear hatch window via the heating elements in the glass.
The button on the right demists/defrosts the front screen by diverting all the warm air at maximum fan speed to the windscreen air vents.
Sadly no heated elements on Audi front screens yet. Ford have a patented monopoly on this system but one or two other manufacturers seem to get around this.

The button on the left demists/defrosts the rear hatch window via the heating elements in the glass.
The button on the right demists/defrosts the front screen by diverting all the warm air at maximum fan speed to the windscreen air vents.
Sadly no heated elements on Audi front screens yet. Ford have a patented monopoly on this system but one or two other manufacturers seem to get around this.

I think you've got them mixed up Soot1 it's the other way around, LOL.
Left hand button is quick max air flow to windscreen and right square button motif is the HRW.

I hate turning on the front demister, does anyone else get the problem of it making it worse for around 5 seconds to the point you cant see a thing and then clears? Especially at this time of year when there is more moisture in the air.
I now make sure I`m stationary and clear the screen before i get going.

Reactions: KJBA and dg-1984
the front (left button) puts all airflow up to the windscreen and side vents also if you max the heater controls it should turn on the ceramic ptc heater which should give out hot air within 30 secs to aid demisting

the front (left button) puts all airflow up to the windscreen and side vents also if you max the heater controls it should turn on the ceramic ptc heater which should give out hot air within 30 secs to aid demisting

They have a ceramic heater???

How can you tell if still working do you get near instant heat from cold?
Do I just put temp to max and press front demist button?
Hope this works as getting into perfect time of the year for it...

Still felt a cheapskate having a car with no heated front screen !!

yes heater to front window with button and temp to max rev car once above idle . should feel warm air within 30 seconds coming from screen vents in dash

Reactions: dg-1984
I hate turning on the front demister, does anyone else get the problem of it making it worse for around 5 seconds to the point you cant see a thing and then clears? Especially at this time of year when there is more moisture in the air.
I now make sure I`m stationary and clear the screen before i get going.

This happens to me, its rare but it's still annoying especially when you're driving on the motorway :weary:

Reactions: audismart
yes heater to front window with button and temp to max rev car once above idle . should feel warm air within 30 seconds coming from screen vents in dash

I tried the above this morning and a minute later still had stone-cold air blasting onto my windscreen.
This means that either mine isn't working or my 2007 model doesn't have it.....

Mine either slowly started to come through after about a minute but low heat must either broken or doesn't have it.

This is all it does..

How long does it take people's rear window to demist? mine seems to take ages.
Mine takes no more than a few minutes. I used it this evening and I'd only traveled a short distance before it was totally clear.
;)

I am seriously thinking in getting a fairly new A3 sportback but living where i do in the frozen north a heated windscreen is a godsend as my Mondeo has it and its one of the best things i have ever had in a car .I noticed that vw offer this option for £300 so i hope that in 2017 Audi will do the same .Ford 's patient ran out a couple of years ago and you can get a heated screen on quite a few differnt makes of car so as a premium brand i hope Audi offer it soon .