Front RS4 ARB ON A 2.0 TDI ,Is it worth it?

fozworth

Reaction score
Im fitting a rear RS4 arb to my b7 avant and wondered if the front one is worth upgrading as well to a RS4 version .Is there alot of difference and will it fit?

On previous threads, people in the know have said the front bar is the same on all the B7 models, including the RS.
How much did you pay for the rear?

Haven't fitted yet but others say it transforms the rear end .

Cool! Let us know how you find it once you've got it done

Did you buy that one I gave you the details for Jamie? The front ARB is the same size so not worth bothering with.

Yes mate thanks for the heads up on that . Just need the bolt n bush kit and jobs a gooden.

got rs4 rar fitted and it makes the car a hell of a lot better in the corners back end feels a lot more sturdier as well

Im fitting a rear RS4 arb to my b7 avant and wondered if the front one is worth upgrading as well to a RS4 version .Is there alot of difference and will it fit?

Dont bother with the front one, just do the rear. It totally transforms the way the car corners.

Around a 2mm increase in size is equal to c.50% increase in stiffness IIRC, so quite a difference.

Stock rear ARB's are:
16mm - SE
18mm - S Line / Sport
20mm - S4
22mm - RS4

So the difference from SE to RS4 is massive. Had this on my old B6 and made a huge difference to the handling and body roll. A very cost effective mod. As itsmeagain said, drop Pjmspeedya PM and he'll sort you out. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I have just fitted my RS4 rear ARB, and it made a HUGE difference to the feel of the car, I fitted it whilst at the Nurburgring, so was able to get a lap or 2 in before and after fitting, and like I said the difference was massive, rear end felt alot more stable and the car felt like it turned in alot nicer, deffiantly worth the £80 or so for the kit!

Adam