1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front resonators

Scottishpedro Jun 6, 2018

1. Scottishpedro

Scottishpedro Member

hi all

Has anyone with a b8/b8.5 s4 removed their front resonators? Mine are rattling and doing my head in, and a solution could be getting a straight through section to replace the front resonators. Would the increase in noise be significant and should I expect some annoying motorway drone?

Cheers in advance

Pedro

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Deo

Deo New Member

Mine are doing the exact same noise. I'm looking at the moment for some, scorpian do a pair for £369 but are resonated

4. Roadrunner146

Roadrunner146 Active Member Team Moonlight TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro Supercharged S-line owners group

Could I ask what type of noise you are suffering with . One side of my exhaust sounds like it's resting on the chassis some where, and it resonates through the cabin at around 2000 revs. I've checked underneath and it looks okay.
    Brad .

5. Deo

Deo New Member

It rattles when I slow down and hits 1000rpm. Quite a loud metal noise. Definitely down pipe, it sounds internal, all brackets checked and nothing touching

6. Roadrunner146

Roadrunner146 Active Member Team Moonlight TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro Supercharged S-line owners group

Have you checked your heat shields. They've been known to work loose .

7. Deo

Deo New Member

Yeah, checked them