Front parking sensors

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
My new 8V has front and rear parking sensors and a reversing camera.

The rear sensors and camera work as I expect and beep accordingly, but I cannot seem to get any beeps from the front sensors. Are they turned off by default and therefore I need to turn them on. I have looked through the menus and the Front sensors have a mid-way Volume and Frequency setting, but if I approach my garage door there are no beeps. What do I need to do to get them to work? I've tried looking through the Owner's Manual but cannot find and reference to the front sensors.

Mine just worked. Don't think you can turn them off

They only come on either after the car has been put into reverse or by manually pressing the parking sensors/reverse camera button on the dash....

I.e. They will not just work whenever you put the car into 1st gear.

They only come on either after the car has been put into reverse or by manually pressing the parking sensors/reverse camera button on the dash....

The rear sensors and camera work fine whenever I engage reverse. But what about the front sensors. If I press the button on the dash all that is shows is the view from the rear camera.

The front sensors should come on at the same time that the rears would come on. If not then I think you need to pay your local Audi dealership a visit....

I'm not in the car to check but isn't there a little graphic that shows in the corner of the reverse camera screen with the proximity sensors?? Have a check to see if the fronts are registering proximity warnings visually.

I seem to remember someone having an issue with one sensor a while back where it had something (paint/polish maybe) making it permanent on? So it could be an installation / pdi activation error maybe???

Makes sense as otherwise would always be on when driving, just when parking in the drive / garage, etc to flick the button to activate.

On my van the fronts come on once reverse has been selected or when the parking sensor button has been pressed.The front sensors then stay on till about 10mph.

Putting the car in reverse or pressing the parking sensors button on the dash will put the car into 'parking mode' as it were - when this is active, all the parking sensors and the reversing camera is active. It takes itself out of parking mode once you are moving forwards faster than a certain speed. Just press the button as you approach the doors and the sensors will turn on.

Reactions: Sandra and h5djr
Have sensors front and rear.. When selecting reverse and then reversing into garage I find that rears emit sound however fronts do sound once only and although a line shows in display the sound does not continue. Have different audible sound for front. Is this the same for others with front sensors or does my car have a fault?

Have sensors front and rear.. When selecting reverse and then reversing into garage I find that rears emit sound however fronts do sound once only and although a line shows in display the sound does not continue. Have different audible sound for front. Is this the same for others with front sensors or does my car have a fault?

I did what 'cemerson' said and the front sensors work fine as I approach my closed garage door if I press the parking aid button. I'm not sure if my 8V will actually fit in my garage. It was a very tight fit for the 8P and the 8V is a bit wider. The only way I can get the either in the garage will be front forward otherwise, with the layout of the garage I would never be able to get out of the car. I will have to try the 8V sometime and see if it does fit!