Front parking sensors driving me up the wall anyone help?

T0m

Reaction score
Is there anyone about with knowledge of how these are wired in....

I thought I had a broken sensor anyhow I replaced it and it all appeared fine but that was short lived, the problem is intermittent in the sense that when I select reverse the sensors are activated and straight away the front ones start beeping telling me something is in front of me when there isn’t.

I have tried giving them a good clean and this does nothing to resolve the problem, for instance today I selected reverse they activate and start beeping I then de select reverse and they stop now anyone who has sensors knows that they are still active and only switch off either at 10mph or by deactivating them with the button on the dash so when I de select reverse why do they stop thinking something is in front of me and go quiet....I’m thinking either it is something wrong with the switch when reverse is selected or the control module whatever controls them is faulty....any ideas anyone?

Sounds like a problem with a module or a cable short to me. Have you hooked it up on VAGCOM recently?

Ditto - get it on VAG-COM/VCDS for a scan. Sounds like a duff control module.

Ok, I know nothing about the parking sensor system but just thought of a couple of things to look at.

1. Do you have a reversing beeper fitted/activated?
2. Try dissconnecting all the sensors(maybe at the module) to see if the problem persists.
3. Can you dissconnect each individual sensor front and back 1 at a time to see if the problem goes away ever?

Last edited:
Guys thanks for the comments I dont have VAGCOM so cannot hook it up! Its in Audi the end of the month for the MoT so was going to ask them to check it for me.

mememe -> The rears work fine fella, I need to know where the module is hence my first post ;-) and as for disconnecting each sensor that means removing front and rear bumpers which I havent got the time to do over the next few weeks, thats for the comments though!

Last edited:
Audi%20A4-B6%20J446%20Control%20Module%20for%20Parking%20Aid.jpg

Scanning is still the quickest way!

Thanks for that Woorlord does that control both the fronts as well?

Im going to get it scanned the end of the month when it goes into Audi for the MoT unless anyone knows of someone near to Lichfield with VAG COM/VCDS?

Thanks for that Woorlord does that control both the fronts as well?

Im going to get it scanned the end of the month when it goes into Audi for the MoT unless anyone knows of someone near to Lichfield with VAG COM/VCDS?

Yes it does the fronts as well - there are two 12 pin connectors on the module - one for front sensors, one for rear sensors.

cheers fella will have to have a butchers and see how it goes....have never taken the interior trim out before so that will be fun....will let it go into audi and see what they say the ends of the month.

I reckon a couple of the sensors are faulty as since ive replaced the one it seems a lot better watch this space!

Right guys car was in at Audi today for an MoT and I asked them to check this out for me, they came back and told me they are all working fine and there are no errors reporting on VCDS anyone got any ideas now apart from taking the damn thing apart!

Still sounds like duff module atm.

Thats what I was thinking but apart from swapping it out there is no real way of telling is there fella?

Nope, you need to test it with alternative modules.