Facelift Front lower wishbone

Santi

Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone got a part number for me for both front lower wishbones (apparently my bushes are degraded and causing creaking) - also I've read in some places there is a chance to install an upgraded option? Any ideas what I'm looking for here

Hi all,

Anyone got a part number for me for both front lower wishbones (apparently my bushes are degraded and causing creaking) - also I've read in some places there is a chance to install an upgraded option? Any ideas what I'm looking for here
5Q0 407 151 J (Left)
5Q0 407 152 J (Right)
not sure about upgraded options, probably just buy from a reputable aftermarket manufac and youll be good

Reactions: Santi
just fyi tho its not very common for wishbone bushings to creak on these cars, since the bushings are actually bonded to the wishbone they cant slip to creak as far as i know. Creaking could more likely be from your strut top mounts or front sway bar. I have a creaking in the front end too and am looking at replacing the front sway bar bushings since they look visibly worn. You can rule out strut top mounts by turning the steering wheel lock to lock while stationary and listening for a creak (make sure the brakes arent on by either paking brake/your foot/hill hold otherwise the brakes could creak)

nvm i stand corrected, just did a bit of research and the control arms do creak on these cars!, before buying new parts and replacing though it may be worth just spraying some silicone lube on each bushing one by one and trying to pin point exactly what is causing the noise (dont use wd40 as it will degrade the rubber)

Are the wish bones different on different cars? I knew I had a photo somewhere...........

Are the wish bones different on different cars? I knew I had a photo somewhere...........
View attachment 251610
huh i wouldve thought theyd be the same, in that case id reccommend OP to call their local dealer and ask them for the part number, if you give them your reg plate theyll tell you the correct one for your car