Front indicator glass

_Steve

Reaction score
Website
www.google.co.uk
Can you easily get a replacement clear glass indicator covers for the B7 with standard headlights?

The Xenon headlamps seem to have clear look indicators, yet the normal halogen lamps have quite bright orange dishes inside the front lamps.

the look of the front of the car with Xenons seems better - maybe its the Xenons giving the front end a pair of piercing eyeballs, or the clear indicators not detracting your eye.

As it stands i can't afford or justify Xenons, so a nice fix for the orange eye look of the std model lamps would be appreciated :)

Nope. Not cheap, you need to replace the whole headlamp unit. I've got Xenons on mine and still have the fried egg look. The totally clear halogen and xenon headlights came on late 2006 build cars - November onwards I think.

For prices of the replacement units check http://www.audi-accessories.co.uk

yikes ! £250
http://www.audi-accessories.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=192

its a shame Audi haven't put the same clear covers in the normal headlamps as the xenon ones as supplied from factory.

Is there no way of DIY-ing the swapover? when i had my Golf there were lots of clever folks who worked out the best way of oven baking headlamps to release glues so that angel eye conversions could be fitted inside

You also get clear repeaters on the S-line and above A4's now; regardless of whether they have Xenons or not :)

And yes you can Oven Bake the B7 headlamps to get rid of the amber but to be honest that scared me to hell so I never bothered. I think the only thing that should go in the oven is my Dinner ;)

Reactions: Marko79
Anyone got any more advice about this?

I have a 05 B7 with the orange / fried egg look and i want to change it to all clear.

Sounds scary... Baking them and hitting them....

Where did you get yours from? I have been looking on e-bay but not had much luck.

When I said buy one - I was referring to the car :motz:

It was one of my main things I looked for when choosing my car - HID's with Clear Indicators - knowing I was gonna swap the DRL's and Indicators around :shrug:

Sounds scary... Baking them and hitting them....

Where did you get yours from? I have been looking on e-bay but not had much luck.

I did this over the weekend!

Very scary about how much of the car i needed to remove, but now its done it looks so much better!

Can you give a detailed description of how you did it and where you got the clear replacement covers from. Pics would be good
Cheers

Last edited:
Hi.

I needed to remove the front bumper to get the lights out, then when i had them out i baked them in the oven for a few mins to get the glue soft, then pulled the front of the light off and then smashed the orange 'egg' bit off.

I messed the first one up as i got finger prints on the silver parts inside the lights, then when i rubbed them off i also rubbed off the silver bits :sob:

When it was back together it looks so much better! :hubbahubba:

I followed these guides...

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?p=23527335

And a few others but i cant seem to find them today. I did some google hunting!