Front grill options

goodbuzzman1

Reaction score
Hi. I have a 2015 prefacelift s3.

I really want the front grill to be gloss black yet retain the chrome outline and chrome Audi rings. I don’t really want to paint the existing grill as they always chip easily.
I ordered the black edition grill from Audi but when it arrived it was matte black and didn’t look great so I sent it back.

Has anyone managed this?

Attachments

• EF392991-A2F4-4C41-8F69-05EAB482075C.png
    EF392991-A2F4-4C41-8F69-05EAB482075C.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 137
Pretty sure the standard Sline grille is gloss black with chrome surround and chrome audi badge

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
From what I know is its only the bumper and bits that are different, but the grill and mounting points are all the same.
It seems the sline grill will fit the non sline car.

Sline and S3 bumpers are the same part, the differences are the auxillary components chrome on grille and foglight covers on the S3.

sline/s3 to standard non sporty bumper the grilles ARE different. I bodged my old Non sline grille to fit my sline bumper, they are 90% the same just the bottom of the grill differs between sline / non sline

Oh right as I was looking at the sline as they are quite cheap for my Sport model, so your saying the sline grill will not fit?

I guess I will have to stick to the honeycomb grill.

I did not think of the sline originally, but seen some in all black, and thought I might as well stay OEM, but if you are saying they will not fot the Sport model then its back to my original thought.

So SLINE and S3 have the same shape and mounting areas, but the SE and sport will not fit these grills?

Its strange as on ebay they are selling honeycomb grills which say they are for the A3/S3 and RS3 8V

Oh right as I was looking at the sline as they are quite cheap for my Sport model, so your saying the sline grill will not fit?

I guess I will have to stick to the honeycomb grill.

I did not think of the sline originally, but seen some in all black, and thought I might as well stay OEM, but if you are saying they will not fot the Sport model then its back to my original thought.

So SLINE and S3 have the same shape and mounting areas, but the SE and sport will not fit these grills?

Its strange as on ebay they are selling honeycomb grills which say they are for the A3/S3 and RS3 8V
Yeah sport and sline grilles are different the OEM audi ones anyways, they only differ along the bottom edge, i forced my sport one to fit in my new sline bumper but it is not ideal and pushes the sline bumper a bit wonky at the bottom edge.

this is on the hatch to confirm

Yeah I have a sportback Hatch
So will the link I gave fit my car?
Its strange how it says it will fit non s-line models and S3 as well, so if they are different I wonder how they are saying it will fit?

Yeah I have a sportback Hatch
So will the link I gave fit my car?
Its strange how it says it will fit non s-line models and S3 as well, so if they are different I wonder how they are saying it will fit?
I don’t know it aftermarket fit both or what the script is, you don’t want that one anyways look at where the AUDI rings are located in comprison to the stock grill, they are too low and it looks pants

Did not even notice, thanks for pointing that out.
I seen a member put his rings on the bonnet like the TT and thought it looked great, but thats a marmite thing, some may it.
But if I do decide to leave it on the grill, I do want it laid properly.

It actually comes on clips, so could you probably not raise the holder, maybe the seller just put it there, who knows eh

I am buying them tomorrow so will be busy with Audi and ebay sellers to find out if they will fit the sport model.

Did not even notice, thanks for pointing that out.
I seen a member put his rings on the bonnet like the TT and thought it looked great, but thats a marmite thing, some may it.
But if I do decide to leave it on the grill, I do want it laid properly.

It actually comes on clips, so could you probably not raise the holder, maybe the seller just put it there, who knows eh

I am buying them tomorrow so will be busy with Audi and ebay sellers to find out if they will fit the sport model.

This is Sline Bumper with non-sline grill (stock se/sport grill) notice at bottom of grill the bumper is pushed out of shape slightly. Its not easy to notice and you need to be looking to spot it but that points to me the bottom of the sline / non sline grilles differ

Was it a pain to install?
That would not bother me, but if my mechanic has to sweat,swear and start cutting things off, then my MOT might not be so great next year LOL

Why did you not buy a sline grill to go with the bumper?
Or did you like the grill and thought it would fit?

You installed a SLINE bumper on a non sline car didnt you?

Was it a pain to install?
That would not bother me, but if my mechanic has to sweat,swear and start cutting things off, then my MOT might not be so great next year LOL

Why did you not buy a sline grill to go with the bumper?
Or did you like the grill and thought it would fit?

You installed a SLINE bumper on a non sline car didnt you?
It was a pain in the ****, would be easier on a ramp for sure but i think it took me around 3 hours on the drive.

yeah that is an sline bumper on a sport using the stock sport grille, i kept the original grill due to cost mainly

the bumper cost £200
Foglights and foglight grilles were £100
Lower small grill was £50
Side grille vents were £50
Bumper to undertray plastic was £45

so was at £445 and an sline grill was just too much to stretch. So thought i would make do with sport grill for time being.

i got a bargain on the bumper being £200 but hadnt accounted for all the ancillary grilles etc being as pricey.

i thought the stock sport grill would look okay as it is a dark grey and they wheels are a dark grey so thought it would tie in nicely.

Yeah looks good Bud !
Thats a lot of work for a bumper, but then again I am spending stupid amounts on mapping, and a general make over.

If a Quattro was not £3000.00 plus for the exact same car then I would have bought a quattro, but I am fine with FWD especially in the rare snow, and will have enough power at 195bhp when everything is done.

3000.00 just for rear wheels to spin and a extra 30bhp is just not worth it for me, and now I am working from home, I dont do a lot of motorway driving now, and I am not going back into work as my company now likes the idea of home working as it saves them cash on buildings

I know this is not exactly on theme, but can anyone tell me how you get the S3 badge off the grill on an 8V without taking the bumper off (debadge)