Front Grill Options & Opinions

Farhan

Reaction score
Right all really contemplating doing something with the front grille in terms of colour etc

I have considered plasti dip but im still concerned that the finish might not be perfect on it and i do not want a black optics grille. Im not a huge fan of the black optics on a lava grey as sometimes i find the colour to be a bit purpleish which kind of looks a bit off with the black.

I considered plasti dip smoke which when sprayed applies as grey to charcoal and then black which should let me get a matching grey colour to the outside chrome trim.

What do you guys suggest in terms of applying a paint/wrap or plasti dip. Below is a front photo of my car
6933436745_ee3cd326b3_b.jpg

How about carbon fibre wrap? I know it can be a bit chavvy, but i think it's suit the grey and it would only be noticible close up.

hmm, im not 100 percent on carbon as its not anywhere else on the car and i really want to stay with oem themes like simple black/grey and leaving everything else as it was.

Cheers bro,

I remember Lukes car having a greyish front grill which looked superb on the silver. Was it painted?

My only concern is on grey it may look a bit to bland as everything is grey grey grey grey
431344d6.jpg

The problem with a wrap is the angles so it may not last long. I agree that the black will just blend in. For example I prefer the Ali pack on daytona as it stands out more..

I'm in the same predicament, add me to the of 'not fond of lava with optics'.

My roof rails are black though, and I don't like the silver ones lol.

How about the 'brushed' look for a subtle change?

orqqyu.jpg

Thought you might say that about the carbon. It's certainly a tough decision, but I'm sure it'll look smart whatever you decide. On a side note I think Luke's a3 is going to be in Audi drivers may edition. Was reading April's copy the other day and saw a little teaser for this month, but there was no pics and I don't know his surname. I think it was Oakley.

Where can you get that brushed grill from or is it wrapped? Looks awesome.

i can be your test lol, my front end is very simular to yours and im getting the grill chrome edge wrapped in black carbon fibre.

like someone said above its so dark you can only see its a dark grey upfront.

getting this done next week so if you remind me i will send a pic :beerchug:

Honeycomb with matt brushed surround ftw!

Where can you get that brushed grill from or is it wrapped? Looks awesome

I think it's the OEM surround that's been brushed down, the guy is on the votex forums though so I'm sure you could find out.

I'm in the same predicament, add me to the of 'not fond of lava with optics'.

My roof rails are black though, and I don't like the silver ones lol.

How about the 'brushed' look for a subtle change?

orqqyu.jpg

That surround looks sweet, looks more like a standard surround thats had a going over with a scotch pad rather than an actual alloy surround though (compare the shine to the wing mirrors).

i belive the ali look was done by wet n drying the chrome then laquering it

I plasti dipped my grill last weekend, the finish is spot on and looks oem. I'll get some pictures up after the weekend if you want. Although mine is black, but looks good because the car is red.

Depends on what wheels you're going to fit too mate. Looking at it today the chrome ties in with your wheels, so if you're changing the colour of them I think the grill surround should match. Honeycomb is a must though, if you can.

I'm with the honeycomb and brushed finish. Will look sweeeeet.

Other than that, plasti-dip it gonna do mine soon iswell.