Front grill change?

Charliem1994

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I want to change my front grills, I currently have the chrome finish, I was looking at purchasing these from eBay.. Has anyone done this to their S1? Would it even fit?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 611
There's an old thread somewhere these don't fit their the pre facelift and not suitable for the S1.

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
So I can't buy any grill for my S1? Or even change it mate?

Yes you can but I'm afraid it's a main dealer part and if memory serves me on the last thread about this I think it was £500 plus.

£513 just checked not sure if that includes vat.

Dam that's pricey! Thanks tho mate think I'll just have to leave it then, that's so annoying I wanted to change the look of my car.

i looked into this when i got mine but thought £513 was a bit too much , plus would need the rear diffiser doing black to match too

yes its grey with chrome , if i went for the black grill i figured the rear diffuser would be the only grey on the car ! so i opted to get the front lip and vents done in grey carbon to match the oem parts

i hated the painted silver look on the quattro pack

Reactions: Banana split
That looks quality mate! How much did it cost you for that?

yes its grey with chrome , if i went for the black grill i figured the rear diffuser would be the only grey on the car ! so i opted to get the front lip and vents done in grey carbon to match the oem parts

It's weird and I'm not sure why but both my front and rear splitter were black from the factory

It's weird and I'm not sure why but both my front and rear splitter were black from the factory

i think with the black pack and exterior quattro the front parts are black but did nt think the rear diffuser was !!!

I still have the original color from the quattro pack on mine. I really want to change the color into black (mirror, grille, vents, rear diffuser) @gingers3 so you didnt change the color of the rear diffuser?

looks pretty cool, I bet you bought yours like that, right? It looks much better than mine -.-
Is your rear diffuser black as well?
No mines a 64 reg so the rear diffuser is gray, which I don't really mind. I did the black exterior option instead of the quattro pack. Just liked the black and yellow combo. My wheels have gunmetal in them so the diffuser isn't on its own

No mines a 64 reg so the rear diffuser is gray, which I don't really mind. I did the black exterior option instead of the quattro pack. Just liked the black and yellow combo. My wheels have gunmetal in them so the diffuser isn't on its own
it was definitely the right decision, it looks pretty neat, mate!

Think it's personal choice. I like the chrome, but I did get a chrome Audi keyring when I collected the car so it matches

true that! I think it will look better in chrome, too! Because of all the other aluminum color parts in the front area! We'll see =)

first I thought about it, but unfortunatly there is no RS style grille for the S1 out there, yet. it looks pretty cool mate!. If I'd had the choice I would have opted for the RS version. Anyway, have you done the replacement by yourself or did you take it to a mechanic?

first I thought about it, but unfortunatly there is no RS style grille for the S1 out there, yet. it looks pretty cool mate!. If I'd had the choice I would have opted for the RS version. Anyway, have you done the replacement by yourself or did you take it to a mechanic?
I am surprised it does not exist.
Yeah I do all the work myself :) see no reason to take it to a mechanic. love my cars ;) here is another one of mine. Currently engine being rebuilt.
3396750a86746546227008cb0983e26e.jpg

Reactions: Prof.Farnsworth