front end wobble..

andy999

Reaction score
hi guys im looking for a top five list of what you think may be causing my front end type wobble thats coming through the steering wheel, and i guess the rememdy........its almost like a wheel out of balance but they are not having been checked twice......ive researched ARBs so whats your thoughts 2003 S3 40000 miles cheers

Any knocks to go with it?.
Shortlist for me would be: rack/rack ends/trackrod ends. wishbone bushes/ balljoints.
Not necessarily in that order.

Buckled wheel or tyre out of shape are probably the most likely. what wheels are you running?

a couple more things,

jacking up the front off of the ground and grabbing the front springs, i have a definate click and movement in the nsf top mount and no movement in the osf......

i can see that the arb mounts have play in them too, has anyone had success in just changing the mounts for powerflex one or do you need to change the arb too.....

cheers

Top mouns, my wheels lose and wobbly, both top mounts are shot to **** on my s3, going to be replacing them with lcr ones next weekend all been well.
Just to add i get a loud banging/clunking when going over uneven roads from the drivers side strut.

Top mouns, my wheels lose and wobbly, both top mounts are shot to **** on my s3, going to be replacing them with lcr ones next weekend all been well.
Just to add i get a loud banging/clunking when going over uneven roads from the drivers side strut.