Front end (passenger side) grinding noise over bumps

Mario

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new here. Hoping someone can shed some light on this, not overly clued up on Audi's, so looking of a bit of advice. First of all the car is a B7 (2006) A4 2.0 TDi Quattro S-Line.

The problem started a long time ago and is now getting worse. Originally it started off where if I was sitting at motorway speeds then took my foot off the accelerator I would get a grinding noise, sounds like brake dust shield grinding on the brake disc.

Now it is getting worse and worse. It happens now at lower speeds (50-ish) and even if I am sitting at a steady speed and go over some gentle bumps in the road. I have noticed that if I am sitting at 50+ and I just take my foot off the throttle it happens, but if I hold a very light throttle and let the car slow down it doesn't happen. Basically if there is a weight transfer to the front end of the car the noise occurs.

Even if I am accelerating from 50-70 and go over a bump I will hear it as the front end moves up & down.

I've stripped down and checked the front brakes and the wheel bearings, all look good. Can anyone shed any light on the issue??

Thanks