Front electric windows not working

Darren Harris

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just fitted a Quattro interior in my Audi A3 1.9 tdi SE 2009

However when I connected my battery back up, I had the usual ESP Fault, took it for a spin and that went off, but then realised my front Electric windows were not working nor my electric mirrors !!

So thinking it was the switches from the Quattro door cards I swapped them with my original ones that were working fine !! still same issue the fronts are not working.

So reading numerous posts online I tried to reset by taking off the negative for 15 mins - did not work !!

Any suggestions guys ??

You've not had to remove any fuses and put them back while doing the swap have you? Might have put them back in the wrong place if so

Hi,

No never touched any fuses, just disconnected the battery whilst fitting the seats and door cards.

Just been out again to see if it had reset, and noticed the drivers side switches are lighting up so must be getting power !!

The door cards might be wired up differently if the Quattro had a different spec to yours. What year was the Quattro?

The door cards might be wired up differently if the Quattro had a different spec to yours. What year was the Quattro?

The Quattro was on a 2007 plate, so should I take my wiring from my old door card ?

The Quattro back door cards work okay so I am puzzled

Last edited:
The Quattro was on a 2007 plate, so should I take my wiring from my old door card ?

The Quattro back door cards work okay so I am puzzled

Don't get me wrong I'm no expert at all on electrics but it sounds like that is your problem as you've taken the door cards etc from a pre facelift a3 Quattro into your facelift a3 of which there are differences. For a start I think I'm right in saying that you'll have indicators on your wing mirrors but the Quattro wouldn't have.
If it's easy enough to do I would take the wiring out of your door cards and put them in the Quattro door cards if possible.

Don't get me wrong I'm no expert at all on electrics but it sounds like that is your problem as you've taken the door cards etc from a pre facelift a3 Quattro into your facelift a3 of which there are differences. For a start I think I'm right in saying that you'll have indicators on your wing mirrors but the Quattro wouldn't have.
If it's easy enough to do I would take the wiring out of your door cards and put them in the Quattro door cards if possible.

Hi,

Thanks for your input, yes this is my next step to change the wiring if at all possible its looks quite complicated, but nothing to loose if it still does not work lol

Might be a trip to my local garage

UPDATE: Well that was not as hard as I thought, changed over the wiring from the door card and everything's working on the drivers side !!

So just the passenger side to do !!

Try switch car on(not start) then hold window buttons up till you "feel" a double click sound within the door panel, then release buttons and it should hopefully work!
Worked on mine after I left battery disconnected for a period of time.
Cheers