B7 Front discs

V8Guzzler

Reaction score
i have been told the R8 front discs fit ...
Can anyone verify this?

Part number: 420615301A

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 354
Doing a little research, in case it might save you some pain:

Searching ETKA on that part number, it says suffix "A" is superseded by suffix "B", which in turn is superseded by suffix "D", but that all are interchangeable (reverse supersession).

ETKA says the 420 615 301 D is the correct part number for 2008-2012 R8 front brake disc. That part of the ad is correct.

The p/n for a 2006-208 RS4 front brake disc is 8E0 615 301 AB. The first three digits usually signify the model, so 420 (R8) vs 8E0 (B7) can be explained that way. The "D" (R8) vs "AB" (B7) suffix, not so much.

ETKA PAL search capability says the 420 615 301 A part number applies to 2007-2012 R8. Substitute the "D" suffix, and it adds the 2010-2016 RS5, as well as the R8. It doesn't mention our RS4 at all.

The picture in the ad is for a rear brake disc.
Our rear brake rotors are attached to their hats using pins, as illustrated in this image, like the picture in the ad:
http://www.stokeaudi-parts.co.uk/product_images/w/068/Picture_007__63535_zoom.jpg

The front brake rotors on our RS4s are bolted to the hats, as illustrated in this image:
http://www.stokeaudi-parts.co.uk/product_images/n/309/Picture_006__62183_zoom.jpg

If you can confirm with the seller that the rotor is bolted to the hat, then at least you have a fighting change.

Hope this helps. I can keep poking in ETKA if you have more questions.

Thanks mate. I contacted them again. The pic is for illustration purposes only. They are adamant the ones they have will fit the B7 RS4.

No mate not yet. Been told the next Brembo production run isnt till mid Feb - so I should get them end of Feb.
Good job I am not desperate for them!

No mate not yet. Been told the next Brembo production run isnt till mid Feb - so I should get them end of Feb.
Good job I am not desperate for them!
Are you planning to swap bells over yourself? Any spares required for this? Cheers for the update.
D

Sounds good! Did they feedback straight away as well? Sorry for all questions be keen to hear how you get on, cheers
D

Happy to keep you in the loop. Still not heard anything from them despite emailing and asking if I was still going to get them at the end of Feb...