Front control arms

The set i baught for ~£120 lasted 4 months.

Replaced that with a £330 set of meyle arms and its been fine.

I'd stick to branded components. Meyle, Lemforder and probably FEBI Bilstein too.

cool, thanks for the heads up. thought it might be a bit too good to be true. where is the best place to get Meyle or lemforder arms from?

i know someone with a trade account at euro carparts, are they likely to sell them?

Yes, second that, shockingly poor, but then also shockingly cheap so no big surprise. Mine groaned for a few months, then stopped groaning and now just vibrate badly when decelerating at the perfectly annoying speed of 70-80mph.
these are the ones I plan to get:
http://www.allgermanparts.co.uk/ourshop/prod_447624-Meyle-HD-control-arm-set.html

If there are cheaper suppliers then I'd be delighted to know as I keep putting it off. Not sure if that's the expense or the nightmare I had fitting the first set.

I had Delphi arms fitted (all of them) about 2-3 yrs and 25k ago.
failed its MOt on them.

Allgermanparts Meyle items come with a 4yr warranty

makes sense

Andy: One thing to watch: When mine failed, the balljoints on the top two arms were flapping around as though they'd done 250k miles, this caused the toe and camber to change randomly and constantly while driving, which wore the insides of the tyres down (it killed a half worn set of eagles in about 2 months). It also caused a seriously horrible vibration becuase the tyres wore OVAL!

This was obvious at different places in the speed range to normal wheel balancing and it would start to become noticable about 70ish. Once speed reached 90ish it was like a proper full on death wobble, presumably because the wobble from the uneven wear was transferring into the arms themselves and allowing the wheel to steer side to side.

I am looking at getting the Meyle set too. I have emailed a german ebay guy selling them for i think 345 euros. Asking how much they'll charge for postage. Would prefer to buy from a UK company though, just in case. Other than the above any other cheaper places to buy??

Cheers

allgermanparts
£345 free postage IIRC next day delivery

I am looking at getting the Meyle set too. I have emailed a german ebay guy selling them for i think 345 euros. Asking how much they'll charge for postage. Would prefer to buy from a UK company though, just in case. Other than the above any other cheaper places to buy??

Cheers

isnt the exchange rate pretty much 1to1 at the moment? so its will be roughly the same price but you will have to include postage from germany too

from google:
€ 345 = 313.798987 UK£

IIRC the shipping cost me 30 euros, meaning the german supplier is very marginally cheaper, however at least with allgerman you've got a UK contact for any warranty issues should something go wrong.

and it is next day.
suport your UK dealers, in fact tell him about it and he may do you a deal!