Front/Center dash speaker

JorikM92

Reaction score
Hi there.

I’m looking to upgrade the original audio in my 05 sportback. Currently fitted with a partial active system (rears+sub).
Already decided to remove the OEM sub and hook the rear speakers directly to the head-unit.

I was wondering tho, since i would like to replace the front dashboard speaker as well, how is this thing wired up? I assume it is feeded by a mono signal from the front speakers? Does anybody know where I can find a wiring diagram of this system? And is replacing this speaker even worth it? I think it’s not especially broken just want to upgrade the sound quality.
Thanks!

Jorik

Hey Jorik,

ElsaWin is a great tool to have when doing things like this.

And yes, the front speaker is spliced into the front speakers. I did this retrofit some years ago too.

if it's worth.. Mweh, I didnt had one in there as I only had the Chorus system. I then proceed to add it, it made a slight difference but not that I was like wooaah. It's only a really small tweeter so I would rather just let it sit there as the probability you break the covers are higher then getting a better sound out of that little thing.