Front Bumper Spraying from a can?

Priggy

Reaction score
I've brought a new front bumper for my a3 8L as someone hit into my car when it was parked up, and didnt even leave me a note with details and such.

I havnt got the funds to get it sprayed professionally, and am just looking for a quick solution to getting it sprayed before i decide to get a new car in the summer. Whats the best place to go for Spray paint that will actually match the colour of my car? I heard halfords are quite close.
Also, its winter, and spraying will be a ***** so any tips on how to do it will be greatfully accepted!

cheers Priggy.

IMHO you are going about this all the wrong way Matey. I strongly suggest that if you want the best resale value for your "beloved" don't even attempt a spray can job....unless it's in the Summer and you have a bit of experience and a dust free garage unit! I think if you shop around and check the forum out you will get a few hints....but I strongly suggest that you don't consider doin it.

Good luck,
A

I understand where your coming from, i need the car for the daily trot to work you see. I would just stick the bumper on as it is, primered, but would that ruin it for when i do come to get a proffesional, or semi proffesional job done?

you will make it look ten times wores if you do it out of a can mate give some one like chipsaway a call dont think they charge alot and there work is good plus they can come to your work

Might be worth tapping up a local garage and bunging the apprentice a few quid to blow it over. I one got a whole exterior sprayed black for 80 quid after I had rubbed it all down myself.

You could spend as much on rattle cans and for it to look pants. Take it to get done properly. Prep yourself to save a little on labour. I'm a painter myself and know how expensive paint is these days. Not a big job if the bumper is off and prepped ready for paint.