Front bumper change

Stanningtonglen

Reaction score
Hi all, i'm thinking for changing my front bumper, but as its an S-Line would i be right in thinking i will need a grill as well if so would any grill fit from an A 4 ?

Thanks all in advance ....

If it's not another S-Line front bumper Glen then yes you will need another grille.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Carl, I'm thinking of this one but keeping the same paint combination

not quite sure about it chap , well not in silver that is but in dark red that you have then yes it would work, would be better with the rs4 mesh grill aswell.
Its got what I call a bit of an " angry look " to it.....
I think a lot will come down to paint work quality , if you get it done properly then it will look good, get a naff paint job and it will look rubbish chap...good luck with it.

I saw that exact same bumper a while back and I thought it looked a little photoshopped around the bottom of it.....but I did like it when I saw it and still like it now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

still waiting for some decent weather carl to get my new bumper fitted on, not going to bother at the moment with all this crappy winter stuff going on...

I'm definitely trying not to spend any more on the car now as I was going to go for the S4 rear upgrade later this year but it looks like I will have it all here this week

If I had do you think I would just be buying the brakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stanningtonglen
well, you never know carl.....depends on wether you £10.00 or £1000000.00 lol

Hi you two, yep its got that mean look with out going over the top and i think painted in my color combination as well as a RS style grill i think it would look good .

best go for it then chap.....keep us up to spec with it.

rob

Question ref bumpers.

I was looking at splitters, but now think a new bumper is a better looking option, as I can upgrade the grille at the same time.
Looking on most websites and eBay, there are bumpers that say suitable for saloon&avant with no real mention of the cabriolet. Can Anyone tell me If I can fit any B7 bumper to my cab? Are they all compatible or are they specific to the model?

Attachments

• IMG_1187.PNG
    IMG_1187.PNG
    451.3 KB · Views: 283
They are all compatible pal regardless of Avant, Saloon or Cab.

Apart from a DTM which is nearly a straight forward fit with a little messing about and of course an RS4 due to the wheel arches.

I have also been looking at that bumper for quite sometime now and the only thing that puts me off is the fact that it looks more like a B8 RS4 around the fog lights. They do look good on the car but I really want to see one in the flesh.

Question ref bumpers.

I was looking at splitters, but now think a new bumper is a better looking option, as I can upgrade the grille at the same time.
Looking on most websites and eBay, there are bumpers that say suitable for saloon&avant with no real mention of the cabriolet. Can Anyone tell me If I can fit any B7 bumper to my cab? Are they all compatible or are they specific to the model?

have you read this..http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...front-bumper-grilles-well-allmost-all.260813/

also what about one like this..

[/ATTACH]
Rs413
Rs415

I've had a read, but that is predominantly about grilles, no real mention about bumpers.

I've also looked at the one stanningtonglen pictured, but the seller said that it was only for 'limo&avant', that's why I was asking about the compatibility.

Is it the same for the rear diffusers, or are they specific to the model?

Rear are specific if you have a cabroliet

I had to by a s4 one cost me £160

They are all compatible pal regardless of Avant, Saloon or Cab.

Apart from a DTM which is nearly a straight forward fit with a little messing about and of course an RS4 due to the wheel arches.

I have also been looking at that bumper for quite sometime now and the only thing that puts me off is the fact that it looks more like a B8 RS4 around the fog lights. They do look good on the car but I really want to see one in the flesh.

Went to fill up and drove in front of a red saloon with this bumper fitted, ended up chatting with the bloke for a little while on the forecourt. It actually looked really nice in the flesh, he had the gloss black grille fitted too.

I've got an ABT lookeylikey extension sat in the garage now waiting to get sprayed and mounted, but I'm thinking of going back to the complete bumper+grille replacement again.
Ain't cheap though.

Reactions: Stanningtonglen
Went to fill up and drove in front of a red saloon with this bumper fitted, ended up chatting with the bloke for a little while on the forecourt. It actually looked really nice in the flesh, he had the gloss black grille fitted too.

I've got an ABT lookeylikey extension sat in the garage now waiting to get sprayed and mounted, but I'm thinking of going back to the complete bumper+grille replacement again.
Ain't cheap though.

I'm having to wait as they have sold out
but its good to know someone has seen one and that they look all alright

I'm with you on this one Glen. I'd seen them in pictures on cars fully fitted but until you've seen one in the flesh....glad someone has seen one now.