Front brakes

Rich-xstS3

Reaction score
My S3 is needing new front discs and pads. Just moved into a new place so buying the Brembo set up isnt really an option unless anyone knows of a cheap set of calipers going? Is it worth fitting drilled/grooved/whatever discs or just stay with the standard set up? Having checked before everyone says to stay away from the greenstuff/redstuff pads. I want pads that dont make as much dust as the standard Audi ones. They are a total nightmare!!

black diamond served me well b4 I did Brembo upgrade
drilled and groved with predator pads

I had lots of trouble with Black diamond stuff on my mk2, wont use it again!

Its a lottery with drilled discs as to whether you will have problems or not really. My s3 Brembos are warped right now after only 3k miles.

Anything drilled is cack.

Never had a problem with Black Diamond, in fact, they have given me less problems than anything else for hard use.

I wont use anything else, BD all the way for me, and if you ring them direct they are very helpful.

Ok cheers guys. I was thinking along the lines of BD's. Still on the look out for Brembo's. There are a set of Boxster front calipers on ebay. Buy it Now of £350. Any good? Bearing in mind id still have to get discs and pads and probably brackets

You can use Boxster fronts with your existing 312mm discs.

Pads are £50 for the OEM Textar ones from GSF.

However, you’d need new stainless lines or conversion bolts, plus the carriers, so it’d end up pretty expensive.

£350 is too much too, they should be more like £250 the pair.

They are only £250 EACH from the Porsche Dealer.