Front Brakes/Rear Brakes

andrecc

Reaction score
I want to change my front and rear brakes/pads

I was looking online and i found this website

Brakes & Clutches / Euro Performance Car Parts

could any one help me decide a pair of front and rear disk brakes and pads?

Slotted are slotted into place and drilled are drilled into place am i correct or wrong? what are disadvantage and advantages of the both?

i take it ferodo and brembo are the best ones out there?

Thank you,

"slotted" and "drilled" are referring additional machining processes that disks go thru.

A slotted disk will have grooves or slots machined into the disks surface, a drilled disk will have holes drilled thru the disks surface.

Personally i dont buy spangly disks. Grooved/slotted disks are often noisey and can eat thru your pads, drilled disks can crack and the holes can block up rendering them pointless.

A set of decent quality standard plain disks from a good reputable manufacturer like mintex or pagid will do you just fine.

Pads are where you want to spend your money (and avoid EBC), as well as replacing the fluid in the system with something better like ATE blue or Motul RBF600.

"slotted" and "drilled" are referring additional machining processes that disks go thru.

A slotted disk will have grooves or slots machined into the disks surface, a drilled disk will have holes drilled thru the disks surface.

Personally i dont buy spangly disks. Grooved/slotted disks are often noisey and can eat thru your pads, drilled disks can crack and the holes can block up rendering them pointless.

A set of decent quality standard plain disks from a good reputable manufacturer like mintex or pagid will do you just fine.

Pads are where you want to spend your money (and avoid EBC), as well as replacing the fluid in the system with something better like ATE blue or Motul RBF600.

Mintex is not the company it used to be and is cheap chinese crap...

Slotted, grooved & drilled are just different finishes to the discs, i.e drilled have holes in them etc...
This is to give greater friction and allow heat to dissapate more quickly.

I have Brembo Max grooved front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads - good combo but quite pricey.

On the rear I have standard discs and Mintex pads - do the job and are quite cheap!..

AUDI S3 QUATTRO 99-03 REAR BRAKE DISCS MINTEX PADS | eBay UK

Whats wrong with EBC pads?

Don't buy mintex! I had them on the rear of mine, the friction material disintegrated, they squeeled all the time, the metal back plate of the pads rusted so badley they jammed in the carriers and siezed. I doubt they were even on for a year!

I use TRW now, the fronts have been on my car for about 3 years and were on when I bought it, still in brilliant condition. Got the rears from vwspares.co.uk.