Front Brake Upgrade....

Lordloverocket

S3 Newbie
Reaction score
Cars front brakes are looking a little worse for wear so looking at replacing these....which may as well be upgraded too. I've had a look about a few options but need to know what exactly is going to fit under my wheels :) I've got the standard facelift S3 18's.

Two kits I've looked at are the Alcon 365 Advantage Extreme kit, or the Audi TTRS kit. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge as to whether they will fit or not?

Thanks in advance all :)

I've fitted the rs4 brakes onto my s3. Great pedal feel. And oem looks. Well worth the money

Cars front brakes are looking a little worse for wear so looking at replacing these....which may as well be upgraded too. I've had a look about a few options but need to know what exactly is going to fit under my wheels :) I've got the standard facelift S3 18's.

Two kits I've looked at are the Alcon 365 Advantage Extreme kit, or the Audi TTRS kit. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge as to whether they will fit or not?

Thanks in advance all :)

The Alcon kit will make you weep,price wise,but they are good brakes.

What I'd do is to contact DaveB1970 who can provide you with a lot of well priced and effective solutions,although the TTRS kit is good as well.
Others to look at include APRacing and Brembo,although you should remember that these often form the basis of OEM brakes such as the RS kit.

Mine is a hybrid of the VWracing kit and AP,with Mintex pads.

I can get a brand new set of TTRS brakes for £1250. Alcons will be circa £1600ish :) But will both fit under the facelift S3 Alloys? Caliper clearance etc??

cheers gents :)

Hi mate if you try to speak to dave ,hes the brake guru ,he will be able to answer all your questions ,and could probally sort you out with a set....

jeez alcon brakes are cheaper then Tarox's kit At abouts of 1880 pounds excl. VAT for a GT 10 pot caliper with floating discs

jeez alcon brakes are cheaper then Tarox's kit At abouts of 1880 pounds excl. VAT for a GT 10 pot caliper with floating discs
Dont be taken in by things like how many pots on a caliper......how do you think that APRacing can manage with only 6 pots on an LMP car.
Alcon and AP are what I'd go with...or any of DaveB's recommendations.

Dont be taken in by things like how many pots on a caliper......how do you think that APRacing can manage with only 6 pots on an LMP car.
Alcon and AP are what I'd go with...or any of DaveB's recommendations.

ive had tarox on my old S3 8L and to say the least after a quick check up to get a blue slip here in sydney from 240km/hr to 0 in just under 5.5 seconds for a 6 pot pistons and floating 2 piece discs its not bad at all... people some how dont like Tarox but they arent bad and they use them in Formula 1000 and 3000

The Alcon kit will make you weep,price wise,but they are good brakes.

What I'd do is to contact DaveB1970 who can provide you with a lot of well priced and effective solutions,although the TTRS kit is good as well.
Others to look at include APRacing and Brembo,although you should remember that these often form the basis of OEM brakes such as the RS kit.

Mine is a hybrid of the VWracing kit and AP,with Mintex pads.

Hi mate if you try to speak to dave ,hes the brake guru ,he will be able to answer all your questions ,and could probally sort you out with a set....

You all forget I am a dealer for Dave, he's extremely busy so you need to go via me.

You all forget I am a dealer for Dave, he's extremely busy so you need to go via me.

Forget....I didn't even know!

I do know he's busy but he should be with the stuff he produces.

Anyway....I will remember that for the next time.

N8....what can you supply/reccomend for me? Will be sticking with the stock S3's Wheels for now (Facelift ones) so bare that in mind :)

cheers bud

n8 private message sent, as not wanting to hijack this thread.