Front brake pads

steve-tt

Reaction score
hi guys, looking to replace my front pads for EBC Redstuffs. Are the callipers the same as used on the B8 RS4/RS5's? No one seems to list this pad for a 2016 RS3
Thanks -Steve

hi guys, looking to replace my front pads for EBC Redstuffs. Are the callipers the same as used on the B8 RS4/RS5's? No one seems to list this pad for a 2016 RS3
Thanks -Steve
Yep, same pads.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Thanks i thought that! Spoke to an ebay seller today and he said the callipers were the same but the pads were different?

Thanks i thought that! Spoke to an ebay seller today and he said the callipers were the same but the pads were different?
Compound will be different but shape is the same.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Reactions: steve-tt
There are no pads listed in the EBC catalogue for the 2016 RS3. You can find the EBC catalogue link here.

Ive had similar problems sourcing EBC RedStuff's for my S7 - although listed in the catalogue, the front pads are not available in the UK/Europe, although the rears are - go figure!

EBC's UK office were pretty useless when I talked to them about it. So Im having to import from their US site.

:racer:

There are no pads listed in the EBC catalogue for the 2016 RS3. You can find the EBC catalogue link here.

Ive had similar problems sourcing EBC RedStuff's for my S7 - although listed in the catalogue, the front pads are not available in the UK/Europe, although the rears are - go figure!

EBC's UK office were pretty useless when I talked to them about it. So Im having to import from their US site.

:racer:

Check out:

8V RS3 Redstuff pads

Do you have to order it 2 times or is this for both sides in front ????

Do you have to order it 2 times or is this for both sides in front ????

ONE FULL set is 8 x pads, Luc S1, so will do both Left and Right hand sides of your front brakes i.e., ALL you NEED. Have fun fitting, an easy process...

Has anyone tried the ebc yellowstuff pads. I called ebc and they informed me that the yellowstuff come with the correct connectors on.

Has anyone tried the ebc yellowstuff pads. I called ebc and they informed me that the yellowstuff come with the correct connectors on.

Yes on an 8P RS3 - road use - and I didn't like 'em at all. As Gazwould says "high dust" and for me high-noise from front discs/pads, sounding as though the discs were being gouged by the pads. Nope, went back and am still using Redstuff.

Seen some good reports on Yellow stuff for track use, mind...

Using yellowstuff front pads no squealing or dust and I use car a lot 1000 a week

Should of gone to Specsavers , I've had them , and even EBC themselves say they're high dust .

yellowstuffpad2.jpg

Well can only go by what I see!!!!!

Well can only go by what I see!!!!!

Handbrake, gotta be using the handbrake...

GOOD if they work for you RS1
33.gif

Makes me happy to hear of someone/anyone using an alternative pad and achieving satisfying results; enjoy...
Hope Audi GmbH are watching and learning though I doubt it...
4229.gif

Also; the Yellowstuff front pads I tried and didn't like I sold on to another RS3 owner and he DID like 'em; maybe we all drive/brake differently... :racer:

Last edited:
Reactions: 45bvtc
Hi all,

Is this link accurate and reliable for the redstuff pads? I need to get rid of breaksqueal and although it's not major it's enough to put me off given my past experiences (John ). Are these ones already modded to suit or do we still need the 45bvtc fix to make them work?

E

Yes Elton (Mr. D) that link is still accurate and reliable and is as easy a fix as were Redstuff for the 8P RS3 - a no brainer really.

Hope you're enjoying the 8V machine... :hi:

Reactions: elton121272
Yes Elton (Mr. D) that link is still accurate and reliable and is as easy a fix as were Redstuff for the 8P RS3 - a no brainer really.

Hope you're enjoying the 8V machine... :hi:

Hi John,

Yeah we are still living the dream's with our RS3's!

Got a set of MPSS ordered and an oil service due so considering getting the shoes done at the same time provided the discs aren't warped or anything and that's her set for Spring ;-).

.... Bluey still looks as good as the day you got her and we all applaud you for your inspiring upkeep let alone your step by step tutorials...ownership wouldn't be the same with you!

Cheers
E (D)

Hi John,

Yeah we are still living the dream's with our RS3's!

Got a set of MPSS ordered and an oil service due so considering getting the shoes done at the same time provided the discs aren't warped or anything and that's her set for Spring ;-).

.... Bluey still looks as good as the day you got her and we all applaud you for your inspiring upkeep let alone your step by step tutorials...ownership wouldn't be the same with you!

Cheers
E (D)

Thank you. As you know, after my first sight and drive of an Audi RS3 (October 2011) it took 1-day to consider and another 2-days to find and purchase one of the first two available for sale here in the UK, and even now it remains as enjoyable as it did then, and I've yet to be dissapointed getting back into BLUEY from whatever else I may be fortunate to drive. So it's safe to say BLUEY is staying with me/us for some time yet. Good to know that you remain enthused.

As for disc warp; I've seen several cars with 'disc warp' completely resolved having fitted Redstuff; using the abrasive top surface of Redstuff (and/or Yellowstuff) pads along with the EBC 'bedding-in' procedure then Redstuff successfully cleans the brake discs free of them nasty deposits left over from the OEM pads.

Reactions: Hal Adams and Gazwould
+1
Another pad I am looking closely at is the Centric Ceramic. I have them on a Mercedes and not sure, but it feels like braking is becoming smoother as time goes on - so either the pads are cleaning as they go, or maybe more likely, I am getting older and slower and do not need brakes as much..!!

+1
or maybe more likely, I am getting older and slower and do not need brakes as much..!!

Now there's a theory, HAL, I am 100% in agreement with. When driving these machines (1972) back in the 70's we weren't as much bothered with the brakes but more with throttle pedal balance and 'bum feel - the Europa Twin Cam on Firestone Torrino (Formula Ford Cross Ply) tyres would beat anything road going hands down when the first corner arrived.:

Europa plus Marcos

The RS3 for me has so many of 'Lotus' characteristics both +tve and -tve so where an RS3 may have an issue for you then I'd respectfully suggest you learn to drive around it or resolve it yourself 'cos for sure Audi won't: and that's why I'll be keeping and resolving BLUEY's 8P RS3 foibles for some time yet.