Front brake disc size Audi S3 ?

isimpoi

Reaction score
I was looking on one of the thread's about Audi S3 front brake disc sizes and couldn't work out what size of disc's I would need. I got this from that thread:

4 wheel drive 1KF are 260mm
1KJ 1KU are 286mm
1KW 2EA are 310mm
(RS3 312mm)

But I don't know where I get those codes from? My car is a 2011 Audi S3, anyone know what size I need?

Many Thanks in advance :)

I was of the impression S3 brakes were 345mm
Starting to think this also. Was reading about how the Audi A3 diesel owners were upgrading their brakes for the S3 or R32 kits since they were 345mm discs and better braking performance

Front is 345mm on the s3 and the rears are 310mm standard ,
Ttrs conversion on the front requires the ttrs 370mm disc

Reactions: isimpoi and Sayam
Thank you very much guys for helping me out on that. Should be ordering some drilled and grooved discs and brembo pads for it soon :)

Thank you very much guys for helping me out on that. Should be ordering some drilled and grooved discs and brembo pads for it soon :)
If your track daying it id avoid the drilled has they have been known to crack ,
Zero sixty do grooved and dimpled rather than drilled through and vagbremtechnik now do J hooked

Attachments

• IMG-20160221-WA0010.jpeg
    IMG-20160221-WA0010.jpeg
    469.4 KB · Views: 638
If your track daying it id avoid the drilled has they have been known to crack ,
Zero sixty do grooved and dimpled rather than drilled through and vagbremtechnik now do J hooked
No I won't be tracking the car. Mainly just quarter mile and the odd back road drive and running stage2+ so thought some better pads and discs would help over spending £700+ on brake kits

the part number for front rotors is 1K0615301MKT, they're 345 x 30
1K0615601NKT is the code for rear rotors and they're 310 x 22

Reactions: isimpoi
Would anyone know if 380mm rotors would work with the standard calipers on the s3 8p?

Would anyone know if 380mm rotors would work with the standard calipers on the s3 8p?

345mm is about the limit for the standard calipers. I have 356mm rotors (and aftermarket calipers) and there is about 5mm between the caliper and the rim. I'd be surprised is you'd fit 380mm under factory 18" alloys (assuming you have 18").

impossible to run anything larger then 345mm on standard calipers.. if you want to go bigger, you'll need to change the calipers as well. and 380mm discs will probably also be wider/thicker than the 345x30mm OEM discs, and therefor also don't fit in the OEM S3 calipers..

Thanks for that, I do have 19” wheels but looks like the whole setup needs a full big brake conversion

Front 345mm rear 310mm. I am also running front TTRS 370mm on the front under the Standard 18" wheels.