Front / Back Badge

S3 AUO

Reaction score
I want to change the badges on my S3 to matt black, however I'm not really a fan of painting it myself, as 1. I dont trust myself to do a good job and 2. i want to be able to change it frequently.

so i took myself off to ebay and found this,

I found this -> CLICK <-

Now.
It says on the item that it wont fit the new shape S3 + Mk1 TT, so I mailed the seller to ask if he knew if it would fit the 8L S3 as I was worried it wouldn't.
He didn't know

Does anyone here know if it will fit? :)

Depends on the pattern of the clips that hold it on to the car :) It would be so much cheaper to do it yourself, you can buy sand paper, primer paint and lacquer for around £15 and then you can give it as many coats as you like.

How do you get the rear badge off?

How do you get the rear badge off?

With a hair dryer and some thread or dental floss. Use the hair dryer to warm the badge and hopefully make the glue pliable, and then use the thread/dental floss behind the badge to cut through the glue. You then need some sort of solvent to remove the glue residue - I think I used Autoglym bug and tar remover as I knew it would be safe on the paintwork.

Nice mate, whats best to reattach it?

ive got the front one from the same seller i know mines not an S3 but it fitted perfect got it for £12 quid delivered great quality and wont show stone chips etc as its sold matt black plastic and far less hassle than sanding painting etc also means can go back to the original chrome if you dont like it!