Front ashtray removal for storage tray

hi darkcooleo mine just lifts out(ash tray) and i use as a coin tray ,,but i do know some people do mod it to put ipod iphone etc ...

I see you are in Stoke.

Stoke Audi sponsor this forum so pop into the parts depot and speak to Dave.

He will come up with a price somewhere in the region of £20 - £30 I would think. I did this as a first mod 15 months ago and it cost about £20.

You need to remove the two triangular shaped handholds from the centre console to change over but if you have any aptitude at all for car mods then it is dead easy and is obvious when you lift up the gearchange gaiter.

I see you are in Stoke.

Stoke Audi sponsor this forum so pop into the parts depot and speak to Dave.

He will come up with a price somewhere in the region of £20 - £30 I would think. I did this as a first mod 15 months ago and it cost about £20.

You need to remove the two triangular shaped handholds from the centre console to change over but if you have any aptitude at all for car mods then it is dead easy and is obvious when you lift up the gearchange gaiter.

Sure am a Stokie ! Lol. Have you got any images or a guide? What have you got now the tray which goes underneath the heater controlls that's quite deep?

The replacement is just a rubber tray that replaces the ashtray and the small shelf behind it. That gives you a deeper area to store things.

Honestly, the whole thing becomes obvious when you see the new tray. Just ask for the non-smoking retro-fit.