Free VagCom/VCDS scans!

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
In general, I'm usually fair with my VCDS cable, I will help most people people who are local to me with a quick scan, and I will email you the complete scan results less than 5 minutes after I perform the scan, on the basis you come to me, usually at my work place in the evenings, as I just don't want to give out my home address.

Recently though, I've had a guy request me via PM for a VCDS scan with zero posts to his name. Hello, do you think I'm stupid? I told him I sold the cable just to be polite!!
Another guy I arranged a time with my postcode etc, did he turn up, nope, wasting my precious time!
I helped clear an airbag fault code for a guy who had just joined on the forum with 3 posts to his name, he sold up 3 days later never to be seen again!

Obviously, there are genuine members who have been grateful for my help.

Basically, what I'm saying is, I'm not going to help ANYONE again with my VCDS cable, unless they are known to me on the forum. I don't mind doing favors for friends of a friend, that's different.

That is all.

/rant

Reactions: RSTHRILLER, -Ju-, Nilz and 7 others
Damn you I wanted a free scan and a new set of clocks coding in for free at your home address whilst I eat your buscuits and play PS3 with your family!!!

I hear you with te time wasters, had a guy i pm yesterday before i went into london, so i could meet up on the way home. He eventually texted about 830 to say sorry hes been free all day didnt see my pm. Great , tried to call back and no answer, texted to say im leaving dartford and waited for about 15 mins with no reply, and no answer.

I also went over to a guys house to code a FAULTY set of clocks in, 2 hours later he doesnt want to pay anything for my time despite the clocks defo being faulty.
Then another that didnt want to complete the job or pay as there cluster was pixelated.

Incedently ill be taking my VCDS and SKC tools and plenty of spare keys to ADI if anyone needs anything not too involved :D

Reactions: boost-addict, Gazthesparky and voorhees
easiest way to avoid time wasters - ask for their land line number lol

Reactions: Buneet and Sandra
i charge
and i take payment first

Reactions: Sandra
i get crap like this all the time. I find most of the time wasters unfortunately come from forums. I've had a fair few not turn up when booked in. Even had 1 from another forum tell me to come to his as he was desperate for a some VCDS scans when i was in the area. Told me to phone when i was an hour away form his town. Which i did & he didn't answer. Not heard from him since.

What they need to realise is that i run a legitimate business using this equipment. I don't work for free & i don't get diesel for free

back in the days before ANPR i use to get free petrol by driving off without paying! i used the same supermarket, same pump, 3-4 times a week. Those were the days!

(i did get caught eventually and fined 150 quid and ordered to pay 68.00 compensation for my 6 months worth of free fuel!!)

back in the days before ANPR i use to get free petrol by driving off without paying! i used the same supermarket, same pump, 3-4 times a week. Those were the days!

(i did get caught eventually and fined 150 quid and ordered to pay 68.00 compensation for my 6 months worth of free fuel!!)
bullsh*t

Reactions: KrisKrk
It happens jojo. You sort your day out of time for peole you're helping and it's all. Complete waste. It don't bother me to much as there are other things I can do when waiting but is annoying.

@udiA3, I use to do that then got caught a couple of times and had to pay. Feels better paying though. Less stress worrying if they are going go catch plus now I get points. :thumbsup:

Jealous?

When i was summoned the courts took 22 counts into consideration( different petrol stations used), and i was ordered to pay the highest 2 tank fulls of fuel taken, which were actually at a different supermarket pump.

Jealous?

When i was summoned the courts took 22 counts into consideration( different petrol stations used), and i was ordered to pay the highest 2 tank fulls of fuel taken, which were actually at a different supermarket pump.

And you're proud of being a thief?

Reactions: KrisKrk, Buneet, boost-addict and 4 others
I had the same down at AITP.

Helped a couple of my local meet attendees as I know they are good lads....couple of hours later I was approached by some randomers who turned up late to stand with ASN and asked me to scan for faults with their headunit....

....after realising their was no issue, they locked their car snd walked off with their mates. No thank you or anything.

I like to help people out where I can but I will no longer be offering free VCDS services unless I know the person well or they have paid for a session upfront.

What do you all charge for a session of vcds?

Shaun.

And you're proud of being a thief?

First, I'm not a thief. I made a mistake when I was 19, got in with the wrong crowd. It happens to many people . I got caught out stopped and learnt. However there was no incentive other than me wanting to correct my ways as the punishment was seriously lame imo.

Second no im not proud of it, I did it as I couldn't afford the commute to work being young and stupid that was my solution rather than pay for fuel I paid thousands for car insurance etc.

The police record is spent, I now work in two positions where trustworthiness is paramount.

I didn't get caught nicking sweets like many do, nor stationary from the school supply cupboard etc. I stole fuel as it was the only option I could see at the time.

Just felt the need to explain. Now I'm off to glasgow on a paid for tank of derv! !

Reactions: ScottD3
I had the same down at AITP.

Helped a couple of my local meet attendees as I know they are good lads....couple of hours later I was approached by some randomers who turned up late to stand with ASN and asked me to scan for faults with their headunit....

....after realising their was no issue, they locked their car snd walked off with their mates. No thank you or anything.

I like to help people out where I can but I will no longer be offering free VCDS services unless I know the person well or they have paid for a session upfront.

What do you all charge for a session of vcds?

Shaun.

I can't see myself charging for a scan, which is why I just choose not to help total strangers now. I did do a scan for a friend of a friend twice, both times he offered me money, I said it was fine, we're cool. But as I run a Chinese, I told him to buy some food, it's the only way I will take money off him, so he did! :)

Jealous?

First, I'm not a thief. I made a mistake when I was 19, got in with the wrong crowd. It happens to many people . I got caught out stopped and learnt. However there was no incentive other than me wanting to correct my ways as the punishment was seriously lame imo.

Second no im not proud of it, I did it as I couldn't afford the commute to work being young and stupid that was my solution rather than pay for fuel I paid thousands for car insurance etc.

The police record is spent, I now work in two positions where trustworthiness is paramount.

I didn't get caught nicking sweets like many do, nor stationary from the school supply cupboard etc. I stole fuel as it was the only option I could see at the time.

Just felt the need to explain. Now I'm off to glasgow on a paid for tank of derv! !

Got to admit Tom, you had me worried there with the admission at the start! Even though I don't agree with what you did, still takes guts to admit it on an open forum!

Reactions: KrisKrk, sliced and ScottD3
Hey jojo, I'm clean as a whistle now but I'm sure plenty have a jaded past.

Back on topic. I'm on way to glasgow if anyone needs a scan or a key and wants to donate towards my fuel pm scott for my number :p

Also Stuart frazer, forgot user name but in Sunderland, I wrote your number wrong but could call round on way home if that's not too late!!

Reactions: ScottD3
Hey jojo, I'm clean as a whistle now but I'm sure plenty have a jaded past.

Back on topic. I'm on way to glasgow if anyone needs a scan or a key and wants to donate towards my fuel pm scott for my number :p

Also Stuart frazer, forgot user name but in Sunderland, I wrote your number wrong but could call round on way home if that's not too late!!

PM me and I'll hand it out. :)

Im the same tbh.

almost EVERY time I go to the local VW meet, someone asks if i can scan their car, or code this, or add this feature. Generally I'm pretty willing... one guy even just handed me a tenner with no provocation following a test (i like these kind of people).

However, there are the ones that think it is you duty (as an owner of a VAG brand and £200+ piece of kit) to the community, to dish out free VCDS scans and other work. Erm... NO! you sir are a *(insert demeaning term here)*. :banghead:

No obviously, members (and I mean members, No one post wonders) of this forum, and people I personally know, I have no issues with.

Ok, Rant over... :whistle2:

Reactions: Nilz, ShaunS3 and jojo
This is what im on about, just recieved a facebook message:

Hey mate. Are u goin dub club tomoz. Could do with u plugging the car in if u can.

GAHHHH!!!!!!!

Reactions: QED69 and jojo
even my local garages pay me 20quid to plug in there cars, im sure his local garage would charge him more ;)

This is why i don't broadcast that i have it...oh wait a minute?!

I'll gladly help people out that i know, whether that's in real life or internet friends. Other people can do one!

Reactions: jojo, Arrkon and ScottD3
Sorry to ask but what would this scan bring up? I live in solihull (and no im not asking for a scan yet haha) My friend had a cable and vag com but was a cheap cable and ive been told the software isnt the important part its the cable.Would eventually like to see what errors if any flag up

Hi Mate, if you have an official cable, it will more or less do a full scan of the car and all its electrical components to see if there are any faults.

You can also adapt and make changes too, but you need to know what you are doing to get into all of that.

The non official ones are still ok for basic fault code scanning and thats it really.

Reactions: QED69
In general, I'm usually fair with my VCDS cable, I will help most people people who are local to me with a quick scan, and I will email you the complete scan results less than 5 minutes after I perform the scan, on the basis you come to me, usually at my work place in the evenings, as I just don't want to give out my home address.

Recently though, I've had a guy request me via PM for a VCDS scan with zero posts to his name. Hello, do you think I'm stupid? I told him I sold the cable just to be polite!!
Another guy I arranged a time with my postcode etc, did he turn up, nope, wasting my precious time!
I helped clear an airbag fault code for a guy who had just joined on the forum with 3 posts to his name, he sold up 3 days later never to be seen again!

Obviously, there are genuine members who have been grateful for my help.

Basically, what I'm saying is, I'm not going to help ANYONE again with my VCDS cable, unless they are known to me on the forum. I don't mind doing favors for friends of a friend, that's different.

That is all.

/rant
Hey I know this is a super old thread but you aren't in Seattle Washington are you ? lol I need a scan badly and I have no clue where to look for a scan in my area.

Hey I know this is a super old thread but you aren't in Seattle Washington are you ? lol I need a scan badly and I have no clue where to look for a scan in my area.
Sorry, Jojo is in Birmingham, England.

Reactions: KrisKrk and QED69