Free Upgrades you didn't know you had.

If you push down the LHS scroll button on the steering wheel it'll fast forward the current playing cd track.

Reactions: tr7, Nick185BE, LawrenceH and 3 others
After being told by the dealer that the wife's A4 didn't have Bluetooth I offered her my Parrot kit. I finally got round to sorting it all, after six months of ownership, and when I googled fitting instructions I found this thread. One quick Bluetooth search on my phone later and her car has the factory system fitted. Moral of the story, don't listen to the dealer

There are some features fitted across the whole VAG range of motors that some people will miss. Here's a couple to start you off-----------
1. Centre sun visor above the rear view mirror. It's just a small plastic pull down flap on the front edge of the headlining.
2. Parking place for fuel filler cap. The cap has 4 notches around the edge, use any 2 of these to hook it on to the top edge of the filler flap to stop scratches when it dangles on the rear wing.

Add some more if you can.

The centre sun visor is a nice touch and found it today! Doubt I would have found it without knowing where to look Cheers

If you have dual zone aircon, you can sync the temp control for both sides by pressing down the driver side air con temp knob for a few seconds. Try it!

Having had various cars with dual climate control, I found not having a sync function annoying. So finding that it is available in my A4 is great!!

Thanks

here's one i found after a year of ownership lol, if i hold down the unlock button on my fob all the windows lower.:icon thumright:

Yeah...found out mine has the sunroof and windows lock with holding the lock button...my girls thought it was magic! Didn't dare trying the unlock button feature as well all in the same day in case I passed out with the excitement!! :yahoo:

Having had various cars with dual climate control, I found not having a sync function annoying. So finding that it is available in my A4 is great!!

Thanks
yep, the B7's are full of little tricks and surprises....some better than other though..lol

Reactions: CountryGent
Yeah...found out mine has the sunroof and windows lock with holding the lock button...my girls thought it was magic! Didn't dare trying the unlock button feature as well all in the same day in case I passed out with the excitement!! :yahoo:

I quickly disabled that function after coming home one night when it was snowing to find ALL windows in the car wide open!! Luckily it had only started snowing not long before, but could have been bad if left all night. It had happened a few times prior to that also, but all on dry days, so didn't bother about it. After that snow incident it was a case of never risking it again.

Now our keys will close the window with the fob, but will not open them.

Reactions: CountryGent
If you hold the sun roof switch in the open position the sun roof will go all the way in.

I have had my Audi for 6 months and only just found out that it has factory fitted Bluetooth phone kit.

I've just found out i have bluetooth handsfree after 2 years of ownership... Doh! Haha didnt even think to see if i had it!
After reading through this thread i went out to check mine, i didn't think the concert 2 would have it, not even mentioned in the book that i could see, but a quick google revealed how to pair up, i was like a kid at xmas, shame it doesn't look like i can stream music with it, but still happy with the handsfree

Reactions: Dani_B19
I quickly disabled that function after coming home one night when it was snowing to find ALL windows in the car wide open!! Luckily it had only started snowing not long before, but could have been bad if left all night. It had happened a few times prior to that also, but all on dry days, so didn't bother about it. After that snow incident it was a case of never risking it again.

Now our keys will close the window with the fob, but will not open them.

If you have rain sensor, then most cars can be coded to close windows/sunroof if it starts to rain(snow perhaps also)

Found I had the under seat storage after reading another thread on here, not sure how useful it is as its a pretty small space, better than nothing I suppose!

Found I had the under seat storage after reading another thread on here, not sure how useful it is as its a pretty small space, better than nothing I suppose!
Gonna look under my seats tomorrow

Throttle alignment.....

1.Insert key and turn to the ignition light on position

2.depress the throttle for a frew seconds, turn the key back as if to remove it but do not remove key. Take foot off throttle.

3. Wait 2 mins

4. Remove key, reinsert key, start engine, should notice more even throttle and smoother do this every few weeks

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Throttle alignment.....

1.Insert key and turn to the ignition light on position

2.depress the throttle for a frew seconds, turn the key back as if to remove it but do not remove key. Take foot off throttle.

3. Wait 2 mins

4. Remove key, reinsert key, start engine, should notice more even throttle and smoother do this every few weeks

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info,works a treat.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After going through this thread I’ve now taken the liberty of actually reading my manual and now discovered that my 8p S3 has launch control! Had previously thought this was only on the later 8V models!

No doubt more surprises to come!

Reactions: Dan_Avant
I can't find this anywhere. Do all audis have it?
My 07 B7 convertible, wifes mk1 TT and a mates old 02(?) RS6 had it so I suspect so. It's just a little plastic flap above the rear view mirror. Such a simple thing but you'll wonder why all cars don't have it.

Found out after getting ****** wet through shouting and swearing whilst changing a flat on 2008 a4 sline cab.....

The boot carpet handle turns 45 odegrees to hold up on the rear lip of boot.... Only found this out after my attempts at holding it up by putting tool box under it etc.... Bloke at tyre fitters did it... Wish I knew an hour and half ago!!!!!

Well I never knew that.. cheers..