Free Upgrades you didn't know you had.

SootySport

Reaction score
There are some features fitted across the whole VAG range of motors that some people will miss. Here's a couple to start you off-----------
1. Centre sun visor above the rear view mirror. It's just a small plastic pull down flap on the front edge of the headlining.
2. Parking place for fuel filler cap. The cap has 4 notches around the edge, use any 2 of these to hook it on to the top edge of the filler flap to stop scratches when it dangles on the rear wing.

Add some more if you can.

Reactions: dubcool.pc, CountryGent, Sumner and 2 others
here's one i found after a year of ownership lol, if i hold down the unlock button on my fob all the windows lower.:icon thumright:

Reactions: CountryGent, guyzza75 and Raven13
here's one i found after a year of ownership lol, if i hold down the unlock button on my fob all the windows lower.:icon thumright:
Same on locking it will close windows

Reactions: Pav
i've had my 2.0tdi for 3 years now and it wasnt till after about 28mnths of ownership that i spotted a strange button on the side of my seat, yes lumber support switch i was like a dog with two d***s that day.

Reactions: dubcool.pc, CHEZ and ash-k
i've had my 2.0tdi for 3 years now and it wasnt till after about 28mnths of ownership that i spotted a strange button on the side of my seat, yes lumber support switch i was like a dog with two d***s that day.

:D Add a relay so it switches on and off and there you have it ----------------------------- free back massaging ;)

Reactions: Jespy
I only found the sun visor ver the rear view mirror the other day, mind = blown

I have had my Audi for 6 months and only just found out that it has factory fitted Bluetooth phone kit.

Reactions: guyzza75 and A5A
I have had my Audi for 6 months and only just found out that it has factory fitted Bluetooth phone kit.
I found this the other day when changing my interior lights. It's always nice to find something like this.

2 little buttons in driver door pocket for the alarm disabling when locking car (whilst up on ramps or kids need time out!!)

Reactions: dubcool.pc and Marky M
If you have dual zone aircon, you can sync the temp control for both sides by pressing down the driver side air con temp knob for a few seconds. Try it!

Reactions: S-Star, dubcool.pc, Sturat and 3 others
Most of the above are actually in the Handbook but who actually reads it :)

Reactions: dubcool.pc and Pdunne75
I've just found out i have bluetooth handsfree after 2 years of ownership... Doh! Haha didnt even think to see if i had it!

If anyone has the nav plus in their car, you can change the start up logo from Audi to Lamborghini with some vagcom tweaks ;)

Reactions: dubcool.pc
The Bluetooth handsfee - what audio system is that a feature of?

If you have dual zone aircon, you can sync the temp control for both sides by pressing down the driver side air con temp knob for a few seconds. Try it!

Ive owned my A4 B7 for over 3 months and had been adjusting the dual zones independantly every time!! until today.

Reactions: tr7, Mat196 and Ianski68
Ive owned my A4 B7 for over 3 months and had been adjusting the dual zones independantly every time!! until today.

I do that just to annoy the Mrs. "Honestly dear I haven't touched your temp. control" :chuncky:

Reactions: dubcool.pc and guyzza75
Thanks for the dual air con sync tip!!!!

guess what it doesnt work on mine eeee this car i tell ya!!

I thought it didnt work on mine.you have to hold the drivers side auto button for several seconds and then adjust the temp and you will see both go up or down in sync

Reactions: SDHA4SLine
In a similar way, both mirrors adjust when you adjust the drivers side, you then have to switch over to the passenger side to adjust this one individually.

Always wondered why my passenger one is off set lol

8 whole cylinders! Well, maybe not a frree upgrade, but definatly an upgrade ;)

I thought it didnt work on mine.you have to hold the drivers side auto button for several seconds and then adjust the temp and you will see both go up or down in sync

ahh thats clearer, wrong button cheers dan

So what is it , every 5 times the washer button is pressed.

Reactions: Pdunne75
Apparently so and first time after lights are turned on if I remember correctly
I think it can be set in VCDS. My headlight washes activate if I have the washer stalk active for more than 3 seconds or so.

Reactions: Pdunne75
The sales woman actually told me about the little sun visor and fuel cap holder when I picked up my A3 a few years ago, she also mentioned she used to work for VW and they also have the same never did find the visor in my GTD.

Found out after getting ****** wet through shouting and swearing whilst changing a flat on 2008 a4 sline cab.....

The boot carpet handle turns 45 odegrees to hold up on the rear lip of boot.... Only found this out after my attempts at holding it up by putting tool box under it etc.... Bloke at tyre fitters did it... Wish I knew an hour and half ago!!!!!

Attachments

• IMAG0653.jpg
    IMAG0653.jpg
    934.5 KB · Views: 904
I found this the other day when changing my interior lights. It's always nice to find something like this.
How do you know if your car radio has Bluetooth. I have a 2008 A4. It has a concert radio. Will this have Bluetooth?

How do you know if your car radio has Bluetooth. I have a 2008 A4. It has a concert radio. Will this have Bluetooth?
Don't think BT is standard pal, I think it's a separate module that is an option although my talk out of my ****!!! Search for BT on your Moby in the car when switched on and see if it apppears, I might have a go as have same motor as you by looks of it, mines 08 sline 1.8t cab.

Don't think BT is standard pal, I think it's a separate module that is an option although my talk out of my ****!!! Search for BT on your Moby in the car when switched on and see if it apppears, I might have a go as have same motor as you by looks of it, mines 08 sline 1.8t cab.

Well just found my car has BT so happy days.. Just need a Bluetooth upgrade so I can stream music

Well just found my car has BT so happy days.. Just need a Bluetooth upgrade so I can stream music
You may need extra modules to stream music through your speaker. Give HNH a message if you are interested and he can quote you up.