Free service reset with ODB

Shira

Reaction score
Is there any tool to do a service reset for free? (I don't have a VCDS cable) Every app I found for ODB wants $50-100 to subscribe to their Pro service to let you reset.

Pretty sure it can be done in the car using the OBC, it can on mine.

Some cars (not sure about Audi) can be reset by pressing the trip reset button and holding it while you turn the ignition on. Count to 10 and it resets, but I can't confirm it works on Audi.

Failing that, apps like Carista and Carly or OBD11 can do this and much more for less than those quotes and you can diagnose cars with it in the future. Worth buying one of those devices.

Reactions: Sibmets
Pretty sure it can be done in the car using the OBC, it can on mine.

Some cars (not sure about Audi) can be reset by pressing the trip reset button and holding it while you turn the ignition on. Count to 10 and it resets, but I can't confirm it works on Audi.

Failing that, apps like Carista and Carly or OBD11 can do this and much more for less than those quotes and you can diagnose cars with it in the future. Worth buying one of those devices.

That only resets the oil in this model. Carista and Carly seem great but they are too expensive when I just want to reset the service with my current ODB adapter.

If you have the white dials on the facelifts, the trip computer trick won't work.
Only options as you've found out is to use tools to reset it.
Got 3 options really, pay for the tool, pay an individual to do it for you or look into clones

That only resets the oil in this model. Carista and Carly seem great but they are too expensive when I just want to reset the service with my current ODB adapter.
I must be misunderstanding you, I thought you wanted to reset the service interval which is related to the oil change?
If not, apologies for the bad information.

I must be misunderstanding you, I thought you wanted to reset the service interval which is related to the oil change?
If not, apologies for the bad information.

Yes that's correct, but only the oil interval gets reset, the service needs the ODB tool (I have an ODB adapter, but the only apps that work want you to pay to perform the reset).

Reactions: voorhees