free mot not a prayer

heliflyer

Reaction score
Just found out why audi offer free mot,s mine just failed on two cv joint gaiters they want £348 to fit new and a retest fee of £54.50,so i came straight home booked in my local mot centre and it failed on same parts but difference is £50 both parts and £120 to fit £40 mot quite a saving me thinks,and i was at the mot centre for just over an hour ,i was at audi dealer for 2.5 hrs.( kinellwas that **** turpin mmm

yeah audi are very clever at taking people,s money there probly nothing wrong with it lol

there was someone on here a wee while ago that had the free audi mot.

And came out with clean bill of health...

I would like to think that they wouldnt fraudelantly fail a car........or would they?

i wasnt sugesting they were being fraudulant as i stated the local mot station also failed the same parts ,i have no problem with that if it needs doing it needs doing my problem is they sit me in there new luxurious dealership and smile and say we have the parts in stock it will cost 348+54.50 to pass that is taking the ++ss if they were reasonable they would get the job so now they loose the mot and and any future servicing etc

i wasnt sugesting they were being fraudulant as i stated the local mot station also failed the same parts ,i have no problem with that if it needs doing it needs doing my problem is they sit me in there new luxurious dealership and smile and say we have the parts in stock it will cost 348+54.50 to pass that is taking the ++ss if they were reasonable they would get the job so now they loose the mot and and any future servicing etc

I know you werent suggesting that!! Think i just phrased it wrong :)

When i heard about the free mot offer, i was also dubious as nothing is for free these days and audi have to make money somewhere on it.!!

I think they are hoping that people are not as wise as yourself, and nod and say , 'yes, that sounds fine!'

Sarcastic mode on 'Well they are a main Audi dealer, so they must be the best people to do the job' sarcasm mode off.

true no such thing as a free lunch,but if they were reasonable ppl would go there more often shooting in foot and all there is a credit crunch .mmm

When i heard about the free mot offer, i was also dubious as nothing is for free these days and audi have to make money somewhere on it.!!

I think they are hoping that people are not as wise as yourself, and nod and say , 'yes, that sounds fine!'

Sarcastic mode on 'Well they are a main Audi dealer, so they must be the best people to do the job' sarcasm mode off.
sorry mate just realised i should be using quote rather than quick reply so you know who the post is for derrr:hi:

well i bet some thing arnt as worn out as they seem ???? and theyle just throw it in anyway wehheh..........??

The free MOT was only offered to help dealers make a little cash out of the spin-off work that comes with doing MOT's.

Anytime I've had an MOT (Never at Audi BTW) there's always been a period of grace where you can return and have free re-test.
Perhaps VOSA have changed this rule?

well i bet some thing arnt as worn out as they seem ???? and theyle just throw it in anyway wehheh..........??

suppose it all comes down to the dealer........there has got to be some dealers that may 'ahem' exaggerate a bit :p

The free MOT was only offered to help dealers make a little cash out of the spin-off work that comes with doing MOT's.

Anytime I've had an MOT (Never at Audi BTW) there's always been a period of grace where you can return and have free re-test.
Perhaps VOSA have changed this rule?

There is no VOSA rule to change, the FREE retest is up to the garage offering the deal at the time. All garages have a right to charge for a retest, its just some are quite reasonable and dont rip you off.

I bet Audi would use the free test to fail your car on a bulb and wiper blades and then charge you £54 for the retest!

£54 is a silly price anyway, none of the other garages round here charge over £35-40

From VOSA website:

• Where a vehicle fails its MOT Test and stays at the Test Station in order to undergo repairs, only a partial re-examination will be required, provided the re-examination is carried out before the end of the tenth working day after the day of the initial test. This re-examination will be free.
  • If the vehicle is brought back to the same Testing Station by the end of the next working day for one or more of the following items only, a partial re-examination is again required and this re-examination is also free:
Bonnet, boot lid, brake pedal anti-slip, direction indicators, doors, dropsides, fuel filler cap, hazard warning, horn, lamps, loading door, mirrors, rear reflectors, registration plates, seatbelts (but not anchorages), seats, sharp edges or projections, steering wheel, tailboard, tailgate, vehicle identification number (VIN), windscreen and glass, windscreen wipers/washers, wheels* and tyres*.
(* Not applicable to motor bicycles and side cars.)
  • If the vehicle does not qualify for a re-test as listed in 1) or 2) above, and is brought back to the same Testing Station by the end of the tenth working day following the day of the initial test for retest, only a partial re-examination is required for which a maximum of half the full fee may be charged.

From VOSA website:

• Where a vehicle fails its MOT Test and stays at the Test Station in order to undergo repairs, only a partial re-examination will be required, provided the re-examination is carried out before the end of the tenth working day after the day of the initial test. This re-examination will be free.
  • If the vehicle is brought back to the same Testing Station by the end of the next working day for one or more of the following items only, a partial re-examination is again required and this re-examination is also free:
Bonnet, boot lid, brake pedal anti-slip, direction indicators, doors, dropsides, fuel filler cap, hazard warning, horn, lamps, loading door, mirrors, rear reflectors, registration plates, seatbelts (but not anchorages), seats, sharp edges or projections, steering wheel, tailboard, tailgate, vehicle identification number (VIN), windscreen and glass, windscreen wipers/washers, wheels* and tyres*.
(* Not applicable to motor bicycles and side cars.)
  • If the vehicle does not qualify for a re-test as listed in 1) or 2) above, and is brought back to the same Testing Station by the end of the tenth working day following the day of the initial test for retest, only a partial re-examination is required for which a maximum of half the full fee may be charged.

would be putting that under the dealers nose if they tried to charge for the retest.

I got my free MOT from Leeds Audi in Feb and I had to get my rear brake pads and brake discs replaced because the car was failing the MOT on them. Total was 220 quid or so, but they didn't charge me for a retest.

Doh, I got owned!

£220 for rear brakes!!!!!! Wow, I got discs and pads for £32 for mine from a local motor factors and a local garage fitted them for me for £40

I got my free mot at Harrogate Audi and they passed it with no work :)

It could be worse. I know someone (who's also a member here) who went in for a free MOT on his 8L S3 and it cost him £29k. :whistle2:

He came out with a new S3 that had been a cancelled order :applaus:

Hehe

You see well worth Audi loosing out on £30!

I also used the free MOT offer, passed without issue.

They then registered me for the free AUDI MOT Insurance worth up to £750 for the MOT next year, can't say fairer than that, seems very comprehensive too. Did you other guys get this too?

Seen plenty of guys on other forums using the free MOT and passing.

From memory I recall a condition of the offer is that a retest is chargeable but you'd need to check yourself to confirm, full details are on the Audi website.