FREE MOT at AUDI

*Unkle*

Reaction score
Just thought i would let you know, Audi are offering free MOT's. If you have an Audi then take it to the dealer for the next MOT.

Simply go to the audi website and select you local dealer, fill in the form, print and take it to the dealer. The down side is you are then on the marketing list (I am anyway) So a little extra post is a good trade for £55 saving on an MOT!!:racer:

This is a rip off ...If your car fails and you dont let them do the work you have to pay full price for MOT ...Money generating idea from Audi ...You dont get anything in this world for free especially when it comes to the dealers...Oh and every car will fail on something even 4 year old ones

My car passed today, just got the call from Audi...

Sorry, what were you saying?:friends:

I was thinking about PM-ing you the other day to see how your polybushes are performing but now you have answered my question, it'll be intresting to see how long they outlast the rubber ones by? so do the rubber ones normally only last 12 months or so anyway?

Well I can't say whether Audi have changed the compound of the bushes, but it failed the first MOT and Audi fitted new ones under warrranty. The following year it fail again and audi fitted new ones because the bushes fitted the previous year were basically within warranty again.

So these aren't aftermarket cheap components, and on that basis i though FK it, i will fit something stronger and more durable. I can't say cars will always fail on them but I found it worthwhile making the change and the new Audi MOT has confirmed it.

TBH they are only about £25 ish so its not a big expense.

The TT and Polo also suffer ARB bush issues apparently, and i know the Polo is the same ARB bush...

This is a rip off ...If your car fails and you dont let them do the work you have to pay full price for MOT ...Money generating idea from Audi ...You dont get anything in this world for free especially when it comes to the dealers...Oh and every car will fail on something even 4 year old ones

No rip-off!

Mine is 4 years old and passed its free MOT, £55 stayed in my pocket. :)

It is a free MOT, but you pay for a retest if necessary afaik as the free offer does not inc retests. If it fails therefore you either get the retest done there and pay £55 or get the work and retest done elsewhere and pay £55 or even less, you therefore aren't any worse off than if you'd gone somewhere and paid £55, failed and had a free retest! What you gain is the chance to pay nothing if it passes!

"If your car fails and you dont let them do the work you have to pay full price for MOT" - utter rubbish, get your facts right and read the terms! If it fails and you choose for them not to do the work you don't have to pay them the £55, the first test if free!

Also if you car was registered for the free Audi MOT insurance (up to £750) you'd be covered for a host of work anyway. You can register for this when you have your MOT done and receive the documentation from Audi a few days later.

Others on this forum and other sites have used it and passed! :)