Free 3GB Data Plan

RSt3ve

Reaction score
I wasn't told about this at handover but I found out today that my car was eligible for 3GB a month free data until this July.
Not sure if this is of interest to anyone or if it's old news but thought I'd share. It's via the Cubic Telecom Audi website here:
Cubic Telecom

Reactions: RS03??? and 8YARWY
I wasn't told about this at handover but I found out today that my car was eligible for 3GB a month free data until this July.
Not sure if this is of interest to anyone or if it's old news but thought I'd share. It's via the Cubic Telecom Audi website here:
Cubic Telecom

Funnily enough I activated mine last week.

Along with Alexa and Amazon music.
7b7c0f261dbf3f05f9066f9e726bd6fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funnily enough I activated mine last week.

Along with Alexa and Amazon music.
7b7c0f261dbf3f05f9066f9e726bd6fc.jpg

How do you do Amazon music and Alexa? I tried it a few weeks ago but got nowhere with it.

Reactions: Sandra
How do you do Amazon music and Alexa? I tried it a few weeks ago but got nowhere with it.

I tried it when I bought the car but no joy either.
After I activated the data plan I had another go.

They both require validation via a QR code you scan from the MMI screen and that takes you to Amazon where you input a code to activate.

Reactions: RSt3ve

They both require validation via a QR code you scan from the MMI screen and that takes you to Amazon where you input a code to activate.

Had Alexa working, then next time when I jumped in the car, it downloaded the latest profile and had to re-activate Alexa with the QR code. If I have to do it again, will not bother any more.

Reactions: RSt3ve

Cheers, I'll give it a whirl tomorrow.

Reactions: Sandra and 8YARWY
Had Alexa working, then next time when I jumped in the car, it downloaded the latest profile and had to re-activate Alexa with the QR code. If I have to do it again, will not bother any more.
LOL Alexa is as pointless in the car as Audi dealers are helpful

Reactions: pburv, Sandra and Jassyo06
LOL Alexa is as pointless in the car as Audi dealers are helpful
I'll probably agree once activated, but my OCD can't stand things that are there but not available/in use.
I had genuine anxiety over the ACC and High Beam Assist switches until I activated them through My Audi App!!

I'll probably agree once activated, but my OCD can't stand things that are there but not available/in use.
I had genuine anxiety over the ACC and High Beam Assist switches until I activated them through My Audi App!!
It's official coming from 'Tech in yer Car' :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Sandra and Jassyo06
Installed/logged into both today, nice to have access to some more of my music. Time will tell with Alexa but at least it's another feature switched on.

Just seen a message on the MMI of the 4G free data plan has expired. So with a little bit of digging, my understanding is the data plan you purchase for the Integrated eSim is for wifi hotspot use (never had the need so far).
Whereas the other data usage for the Audi-Connect function this is what I found. link (fyi)
Is there a flat rate for the integrated SIM card (Audi connect SIM)?
In the integrated Audi connect SIM, data packages for use of the wireless hotspot and music streaming services can be booked via our cooperation partner Cubic Telecom. The data usage of all other Audi connect infotainment services is unlimited for the duration of the license runtime and is included without additional costs.

Apple music is also available now in the media online section - but the issue is you can’t connect the car to your phone as a hot spot - or replace the built in SIM.

If you want to use the built in streaming then you have to use the built in SIM card and the data isn’t cheap or enough to make it worth it. I have activated both but ultimately better to use it with Android Auto and/or CarPlay.

Just seen a message on the MMI of the 4G free data plan has expired. So with a little bit of digging, my understanding is the data plan you purchase for the Integrated eSim is for wifi hotspot use (never had the need so far).
Whereas the other data usage for the Audi-Connect function this is what I found. link (fyi)
Is there a flat rate for the integrated SIM card (Audi connect SIM)?
In the integrated Audi connect SIM, data packages for use of the wireless hotspot and music streaming services can be booked via our cooperation partner Cubic Telecom. The data usage of all other Audi connect infotainment services is unlimited for the duration of the license runtime and is included without additional costs.

£98 a year for 60gb with Cubic Telecom

Deleted as up to date information provided by @8YARWY below.

Thanks

Last edited:
Some people over on VWROC forum have had a battle with Cubic Telecom once the free trial finishes, as they keep getting an expiry message I think and you can't (or couldn't) cancel it unless you took out the data plan.

Obviously you guys are far more switched on than I am (still haven't got app to work properly) so it maybe this was early gremlins and its now sorted on Golf and RS3

Just thought I would mention it, in case it was relevant

I had the 3 month trial and no issues once it expired.
I also had 1 month at £9.99 recently and that expired with no messages at the end.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and AndyVWR
Thanks @8YARWY I will look to delete mu post as don't want to spread alarm and despondency.

Reactions: 8YARWY
I had the 3 month trial and no issues once it expired.
I also had 1 month at £9.99 recently and that expired with no messages at the end.

May be that the answer to stop the expired message.

May be that the answer to stop the expired message.

I didn’t take the subscription out straight after the 3 trial ended though.

I didn’t get any message pop up regarding data expiring either.

You don’t really need any data unless you want the Apple / Amazon music /Alexa thingy

I didn’t take the subscription out straight after the 3 trial ended though.

I didn’t get any message pop up regarding data expiring either.

You don’t really need any data unless you want the Apple / Amazon music /Alexa thingy

Not really needed. Only activated it to mess around with Alexa, became pointless and never used since. Now the expired message is annoying.

£98 a year for 60gb with Cubic Telecom

Which is a pure rip off… That is NOT enough data if you were using the built in streaming all year and no other options to use any hotspot.

Which is a pure rip off… That is NOT enough data if you were using the built in streaming all year and no other options to use any hotspot.

I don’t care…..

Jumped in the car today, MMI took ages to come up, then flashed updated webconfig of some sort and no more Data Expired message. Tried couple of times with ignition on off. Fingers crossed, its gone forever.

Just happened to find this thread after searching for "Alexa", I have recently bought a Ring doorbell (yet to be fitted) and was wondering if there was any integration between the in-car Alexa and the doorbell? I wouldn't expect to be able to view any footage, but are notifications received of events?
Cheers

The Alexa integration on the Audi MMI is not too robust and I gave up after 3 reintegration within the 1st week. Suspect the mobile signal around my home is so weak, that the association to Alexa was not maintained. Was trying to use Alexa to switch on the Drive area lighting, when arriving when dark.

Reactions: DaveW
Thanks, I managed to play some chirstmas music via Amazon Music, on my living room TV while I was parked up my driveway - it scared the life out of my Mrs!