Fr & r tuning

Jonny-Smith

Reaction score
Hi guys. Thinking about booking my 1.8tfsi in for a remap next week. Has anyone had any dealings with them or heard anything about them?

Cheers Jonny

No mate.

Any particular reason why you've chosen them above anyone else?

I was looking at their website today thinking about ordering a THS decat pipe for my TDi.

The only thing that put me off is, they only list a mobile number for the business and no landline.

Maybe I'm being a bit over cautious.

I was recommended them by somebody else on the forum and I got in touch with them and they seemed happy to do it. Too happy to do it if anything!
Everywhere else I go people are complaining that it's a very hard car to map and wanting over £300 to do it.
Which is getting into revo territory if I was wanting/going to spend that much!

Hard to map????

I've been getting cars mapped for 12 years, and it's only hard if people don't know what they're doing.

Is £300 a huge amount to pay for code for a car of this value? There is a lot of development time for quality maps, where they ensure the car operates within the safe parameters, and performance is consistent. I know it seems expensive, but they have to get hold of cars, rolling road time, man hours, real world testing......

Check out MTM / Revo / Shark / Jabba / Custom Code / APR / GIAC before you make any final decisions.

How much is FR&R code?

If I'm honest I think you're doing the right thing Jonny. It's worth holding out until you can get a tried and tested product with solid customer reviews.

One of my pals went there and they said it's a proper back street garage bits of engines on the floor and covered in oil not a nice place to intrust his s3

Ahh thanks for the advice guys. Definitely going to leave it now! It's a shame the revo's are around 450 for my car. Although I know they're a good bit of kit. You get what you pay for!

One of my pals went there and they said it's a proper back street garage bits of engines on the floor and covered in oil not a nice place to intrust his s3

Not good. 1 thing I will insist on when I move the business into a workshop is cleanliness. Can't stand clutter and mess! Its all well and good having a garage like that pulling old cars to bits and we need companies like that but I wouldn't want a £20k+ car to be mapped in a messy, oily backstreet garage :)

Reactions: Dicko89
I ordered my uprated fuel pump internals through them, took nearly 4 months to come and that was with lots of emails pestering them. So be warned

I got a email from these on here once i posted saying i'd bought a s3. They said loads of people on here have had remaps by them and can vouch for them. Never heard of them if i'm honest, rather spend more money and go with a better company.

Ive used them on my old s3 and will again soon on my new s3. I wouldnt say its a back street garage, for your engine thats a very good price. You've already said everyone is wants 300+. They have dealers installing their maps in south africa so it would be a tried and tested map

I was looking at their website today thinking about ordering a THS decat pipe for my TDi.

The only thing that put me off is, they only list a mobile number for the business and no landline.

Maybe I'm being a bit over cautious.

Unfortunately MOT changed in January 2012 so you wil need a CAT.

sorry to hijack this thread but i just thought id let you guys know that GO-APR are relaunching a new stand alone headquarters
in MILTON KEYNES.

im sure they might offer some competent introductory rates.

i spoke the to one of the main guys and will be having an APR map on my AUDI 1.8 T FSI this monday.
ill keep you guys posted.

Hard to map????

I've been getting cars mapped for 12 years, and it's only hard if people don't know what they're doing.

Is £300 a huge amount to pay for code for a car of this value? There is a lot of development time for quality maps, where they ensure the car operates within the safe parameters, and performance is consistent. I know it seems expensive, but they have to get hold of cars, rolling road time, man hours, real world testing......

Check out MTM / Revo / Shark / Jabba / Custom Code / APR / GIAC before you make any final decisions.

How much is FR&R code?

I can't comment on that,but did get a few bits and pieces from them,at very good prices,and very prompt service.

However,what I can say is that their estimate and pricing for fitting the turbo kit to mine was way off the mark.
Hopelessly optimisitic estimate,and woefully poor knowledge of the work involved.