foxy's 2.0 TDI QUATTRO progress

foxymk1

Reaction score
well iv had this car about 2 yrs now , 1 of those it was stood while i did volunteer charity work in the Philippines (needed all brakes freeing when i returned :( )

it a 2.0 TDI QUATTRO s-line sportback

mods to date :
LED rear lights
MK2 TT dash vents
powerflex front bushes
2011 facelift

when i bought it

rear lights

TT dash vents

facelift

iv started painting the front but not yet finished it as im lazy :)

iv since purchased a s-line bumper for the facelift so il paint that when i get chance.
also been collecting some more goodies to fit all form forum members i might add :)

weitec lowering springs

leather armrest

piano black s-line front grill, for grills

hopefully il get it all done soon , i miss driving it soooo muh :(

Reactions: millsy4002 and Audi-Rog
Looks like its coming along nicely mate =]
Keep up the good work !

thanks mate, hopefully finish painting it this week if i get time

Good progress, love the rear lights, was the facelift hard? Are you a pro painter? Get that s line bumper on asap, also imo bi xenons are a must for facelift models.

the facelift wasnt that hard to be honest just the wing brackets need adjusting ( bending and reshaping ) im not a pro painter buddy but iv been doing it for a while now with the old vw,s

as for the headlights, im skint :(

Reactions: Ironborn and Westy
Wow nice, can you get a nice finish like that with 2k rattle cans or would you need a gun and compressor?

you wont get a finish like tha with rattle cans mate iv spent alot of money over the years on materials and equipment it takes alot of practice and time :)

Reactions: Westy
finally found some time to paint the s-line bumper even though iv just bought a S3 item so this 1 is for sale soon

all comments welcome

its been a while but finally got time to finish the front end and fit the lowering spring and RS3 wheels, S3 rear diffuser, also put 15mm spacers on the back but i think they are too much

Reactions: RedDejavu and The Engineer
nearly finished

Reactions: Deze2014, The Engineer and gogz s3
Yes skirts would top it all off nicely. I'm finishing off and fitting my skirts this week. You thought about maybe painting outline of s3 diffuser grey to match wheels to it stands out! You payed good money for that shame if no one noticed it

Reactions: Jakir
iv painted it gloss black to match the grill (stelth ) plus i have another 1 to play with if i get board :)

get some pics up of yours when skirts are on

they are alloy not steel so lighter, i know mine is a derv so no real power benefit but if you look at the ball joint in the second pic the holes are elongated so it makes them adjustable , the first pic is the a3 wishbone

Reactions: simboti19
Super build mate lots of inspiration here, keep up the good work :)

I've come across this thread after reading the sportback inspiration thread and love the look how it's coming along especialy the facelift as I'm looking at doing it myself in New year

What year parts did you facelift to ? And was it bonnet, bumper and wings or more hidden bits

I've come across this thread after reading the sportback inspiration thread and love the look how it's coming along especialy the facelift as I'm looking at doing it myself in New year

What year parts did you facelift to ? And was it bonnet, bumper and wings or more hidden bits

complete front panel
bonnet
wings + wing brakets
bumper
headlights
grill
bonnet hinges
cable pull (front section)
under arch plastics (front section)
door mirrors with indicators

the wing brakets need some jigery pokery to get right witch can be a nightmare TBH 1 side took 5mins other all day haha
thanks for the comments guys

Brilliant that's the type of list I've been looking for. ...cheers

front panel has extra bit for the head lights to attach to and the bonnet catch in the front panel is different so you need that also,

Did you use the original bumper that was already on your A3 to fit the diffuser and valance or did you have to get a new upper part too?

Great Thread btw:thumbs up:

thanks doc

i used the original bumper as its an s-line bumper so its the same as the S3

few new bit added
TT gear knob to match the vents

cruise control

S3 back box

and s-line badge to fill the space where the S3 badge used to be

The turbo has been making some funky noises for while now so Iv bought a new turbo cartridge and cleaned the rest of it , bling bling

81d4c9c95985f84da4fa93a0d601f669.jpg

3287a4037e69a9c55c7aed500b6e36dc.jpg

40c19cd46d5463fbebd52faf28ae528c.jpg

This is old cartridge
23f7d78ed222d5bcffa923ca33729283.jpg

f120ed0e1c39bed577749e2b04037c5d.jpg

I also changed the rear prop damper last week , no more vibration ;)
c49c1a78c9a43491da9558bc7a96a54f.jpg

Sorry but I thought it was easy to spot as it's the new shinny bit and I show the old cartridge in one of the pics, but never mind

Sorry but I thought it was easy to spot as it's the new shinny bit and I show the old cartridge in one of the pics, but never mind

Can't see the pictures mate...I asked purely on the text you'd written :)