Foxy Problems...

driver_tim

Reaction score
This will be one of the more unusual questions asked on here...

Our neighbourhood foxes seem to have become very active over the past couple of weeks. Got back from a 75 mile mostly high speed journey at about 2200 last night, meaning obviously the car would have been very hot. Discovered today a fox has climbed onto the bonnet leaving muddy marks across much of it. Not only that but some of them are scuff type marks suggesting it's been pawing at something whilst up there. Washed it all off with warm water but can't see this is doing my paintwork much good. Aside from a car cover can anyone think of any (humane) methods to stop this? :)

Pack of hounds?

Seriously I think you can buy a spray/gel that deters them by thinking its another foxes 'patch'

I have the same problem with my neighbours cat "Jasper".

Although he doesn't mark the paintwork its annoying, so I started putting a bit of ground pepper around the front of my car and thats kept it off.

I tried to confront him about the situation but it had no effect.

Electric heater next to the car? That would be warmer than the car to sit on

Human hair clippings!!! put them in a ladies/or if you're that way inclined your own nylon stocking :p, then tie them to something near your car :)

You need a lot of hair though! :)

Human hair clippings!!! put them in a ladies/or if you're that way inclined your own nylon stocking :p, then tie them to something near your car :)

You need a lot of hair though! :)

Or go to a hair dressers? It may look like you have some strange fetish though

My Dad urinates all round his garden to keep the foxes away. You could try that round the car?

Try not to splash any on the paintwork though ;)

What's the difference between a dog and a fox?????

About 8 pints :)

Reactions: DommyR, buz, batch and 2 others
What's the difference between a dog and a fox?????

About 8 pints :)

Boom boom!!! ;)

6a011570e40a00970c0153937d6d8d970b-800wi

We have foxes everywhere - damn things cr*p on the drive which is a nightmare if you don't see it at night. I keep my car in the garage, but I have seen my neighbour's car with a fox on the bonnet too...

During last weeks warm spell my wife had the back door open, and I had left my football boots by the back door to dry. Damn fox came into the little hallway we have by the back door, nicked one of my boots, ran up the garden with it and p*ssed in it!!

Reactions: Simon L
I hit one on the M11. £980 to fix the car after that. Insurance coughed of course... Foxes in my garden - I shoot them. Simples.

Reactions: Dobby
Put some food out for it each night, then every night move it further and further away from your house.

Reactions: Simon L
I hit one on the M11. £980 to fix the car after that. Insurance coughed of course... Foxes in my garden - I shoot them. Simples.

Which is completely legal for those unaware.

Luckily I don't have to deal with foxes in by neck of the woods (pardon the pub) but I managed to hit a giant badger 3 days after collecting my citroen ds3. It made the odd rattling noise and tore off the under tray fortunately it was fixed FOC by citroen who assumed the under tray was never fitted. The badger didn't too well and I passed it everyday for about 3 weeks or so until it disappeared.

Which is completely legal for those unaware.

Luckily I don't have to deal with foxes in by neck of the woods (pardon the pub) but I managed to hit a giant badger 3 days after collecting my citroen ds3. It made the odd rattling noise and tore off the under tray fortunately it was fixed FOC by citroen who assumed the under tray was never fitted. The badger didn't too well and I passed it everyday for about 3 weeks or so until it disappeared.

.....completely legal but also completely unnecessary.

whilst technically legal, I'm not sure the Rozzers would take kindly to me discharging firearms in my garden in South London...

Best way to scare foxes out of your garden is to use a magnum rope, or singles off the rope. Perfectly legal and harmless, well, not to your ears if you are stood close to it when it goes off.

May pee off the neighbours too.