Found the leak at last.

darrenvalleys12

Reaction score
Hi all my son had a leak on his car and the driver's floor was getting soaked had a bit of a look and we found that the end of the scuttle panel on driver's side had lifted from the gap that the scuttle pannel sits in at the bottom of the screen, had a look and plastic has broke of from the back of scuttle pannel so the panel is not sitting tight to the windscreeen. It is not a big gap a couple of mm from the glass to the scuttle panel but enough to soak the floor.

So just to get out of trouble me and my son put some clear mastic in the gap but the mastic will not last for long, so does anybody have a clue on the best windscreen sealant. The sealant will have to fill the gap in between the glass and the scuttle panel thanks for all your help.

Clear bathroom sealant is probably the best cheap fix for these types of leaks. If done correctly they should last quite a few years and not be too noticeable.

Got a pic of where it is? You can get black sealant

Sorry not at the moe raining like mad where we live had snow the other day, scuttle panel has come away from the screen on the driver's side at the very end/tip of the scuttle panel and comes around then by a inch then sits in tidy.

Pics as requested will help us.

Forgive my French but I have found that “The Dog’s Bo**llocks” does an excellent job on this type of thing. Available at Screwfix.
I sealed the scuttle to the bottom of the windscreen on my Mk 4 Golf with it and fixed a water leak from the internal metal panels of the rear doors of a Fabia into the rear foot wells. Much better than using silicone sealant.

when i had a leak on corsa around the pedal box, the recommended thing to use was roof and gutter sealant
Amazon product

its black, never fully goes off, and is flexible.

Reactions: ch1z64
Forgive my French but I have found that “The Dog’s Bo**llocks” does an excellent job on this type of thing. Available at Screwfix.
I sealed the scuttle to the bottom of the windscreen on my Mk 4 Golf with it and fixed a water leak from the internal metal panels of the rear doors of a Fabia into the rear foot wells. Much better than using silicone sealant.
Thanks for that been looking at the reviews and somebody done the samething on the screwfix they said they had put this on for the same problem with the scuttle panel, looks like the way forward thanks for your help.:icon thumright: