Found Sync. climate control setting :)

zeratul

Reaction score
Whist playing with my climate controls. I found that you can control BOTH temperature settings at once by either of the + and - buttons. I'm sorry if this is basic knowledge for everyone but having the car for over two years I've not come across this in my manual, or elsewhere, before - and being a little 'tidy minded' where things have to be equal!.. this saves me setting both temperatures the same manually.

Theres no obvious way, by looking at my controls, to set the climate controls to move equally. If I simply press the left and right AUTO buttons together, the temperature range can be moved equally up and down by using either of the controls. :)

It possibly might be - but I'm not everyone has ready their manual from beginning to end. Although I did when I bought the car and it obviously didn't stick in my mind!

2 years ? Hmmmmm....

Anyways another useful feature is that if you switch off ignition, remove key, get out of car and one of the windows is open, if you hold down the lock button on the keyfob then the open window will close - have to admit it took me a year of car ownership to realise that.

If you hold down the unlock button on the keyfob, then all windows will open - another handy featuer to vent car on a burning hot day.....

That actually isn't enabled on my A4 but is on the Allroad :) Cheers anyway.

So I'm guessing that everyone new this already! :redface:

I did but it is handy to have them switchable as well. My passengers always find my settings too cold so it's a nice feature. I think you just press and hold the auto button don't you to sync them again?

if you change the temp ont he passenger side, they un-sync.... I'm pretty sure you can also set it by jsut holdign the driver's Auto button in for 5secs or so until the passenger side matches the drivers (and from then on, it will follow whatever is set on the driver's side).

if you change the temp ont he passenger side, they un-sync.... I'm pretty sure you can also set it by jsut holdign the driver's Auto button in for 5secs or so until the passenger side matches the drivers (and from then on, it will follow whatever is set on the driver's side).
Spot on
it is in the manual but as so many people dont read them ,
except i did :laugh:
There must have been nothing on TV that night "Man i must have been bored" :)

Last edited:
Yup! I tried it earlier and I only need to hold the drivers side AUTO button for about 2 seconds and both temps read the same. Also - as you all say - pressing the passenger side + or _ reverts it back.

So... How do I do this on my 52 plate Allroad as it only has the one AUTO button in the centre and holding it doesn't sync them?