Found rust on your roof?

Had a call today to let me know both claims have been refused, one for the roof rails and one for the bottom of the rear quarter panel just infront on the rear wheel.

Reason: Not noticed soon enough.

I think the fact i'd only had the car a couple of weeks had a bearing on their decision. If you've only had the car a short time, try to avoid telling them if possible.

I accept the roof has been left a long time before contacting audi, but the rear quarter is JUST noticeable and i dont think their decision of left too long is justifiable.

We've also noticed it bubbling on the opposite side, so were going back again to show them. Not holding out for a good decision tho :(

Unfortunatly i dont think they're going to entertain you mate, audi are a bit touchy about reclaims.

But good luck, and let us know what happens.

Had a call today to let me know both claims have been refused, one for the roof rails and one for the bottom of the rear quarter panel just infront on the rear wheel.

Reason: Not noticed soon enough.

I think the fact i'd only had the car a couple of weeks had a bearing on their decision. If you've only had the car a short time, try to avoid telling them if possible.

I accept the roof has been left a long time before contacting audi, but the rear quarter is JUST noticeable and i dont think their decision of left too long is justifiable.

We've also noticed it bubbling on the opposite side, so were going back again to show them. Not holding out for a good decision tho :(

Sorry about that - had mine for 5 years and they still gave me that line!! Thanks for posting in the sticky - we'll get them one way or another :)

Its 7 months since i started this topic and yesturday i received a email to say that audi are going to carry out the work on a goodwill basis.

So thank you to everyone that has participated in this and that you to bantam1 to doing the extra legwork.

Will post again in the other thread and this one to let everyone know of the outcome of the work.

Thanks again

Mike

My wifes 2000 X reg 52000 miles had exact same thing, I noticed it 1 week after I bought it and took it to Audi Leicester in the summer. They said they would sort it under warranty no problem.
Anyway they took photos and sent them off to Audi warranty department and it was rejected as they said it had been there too long:(
I appealed the decision and it still got rejected so I had to fork out £210 to get it done! Not happy, it has put me off buying another Audi.

Eventually got an email from Audi UK yesterday followed by a phone call from the local dealership about 2hrs later to book my car in to have the work done as a gesture of goodwill!! Bearing in mind i'd already had it rejected twice I did not hold up much hope of anything being done but persistance has paid off!!

My thanks to bantam1 for starting this topic.