Forza 4 Top Gear Challenge

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone fancy a bit of a challenge ?
Driving the top gear track in a vehicle of our choice but all the same settings for everyone ? any takers and suggestions ?
Maybe an Audi seeing as we are branded ?

I'm up for that.

Lap times must be completed without '!'

What ABS / TCS / Simulator / settings etc. should be the benchmarks?

I'm up for it.

Not sure whats happening but Car, driving, top gear got me interested.

Edit:=- In my rush I never noticed Forza. I don't own that game. :(

I'm up for it.

Not sure whats happening but Car, driving, top gear got me interested.

Edit:=- In my rush I never noticed Forza. I don't own that game. :(

Scott your rubbish..OFFICIAL

lol Alert sense of humour failure Alert....dislike engaged :)

i'm up for that...can i suggest we use the 1983 Audi Quattro Sport, must be standard people can use ABS and other assists as they please.

Or we can keep it real and use a resonably priced car i.e 2011 KIA CEE'D

Opening gambit in haste before work this morning:

Car: Audi Quattro (Class B 462) - Completely standard in Hot Lap Mode
Time: 1m 27.360s

Racing line:Off
TCS:Off
Stability:Off
ABS:On
All settings set to simulator

Wasn't a perfect lap by a long way, got to be at least 3 seconds plus to eek out, but gives us a stake in the ground. Full HD video can be provided of the lap inc. username details on screen. No ! So it was a 'clean' lap

Who's next!!

why dont we just have an audi-sport.net car club on Forza 4 and then this would be so much easier to Administrate. You can see what car, what times, what assists were used and if they went off track or not.

Good idea.

Any takers for setting it up - I wouldn't know where to start!

I'll have a look tonight. Does ayone know if you can join more than one car club? If you cant then i'll probably have to leave my current one

why dont we just have an audi-sport.net car club on Forza 4 and then this would be so much easier to Administrate. You can see what car, what times, what assists were used and if they went off track or not.
ok Alex your admin on this then :)

OK, Car club tag is "AS N".

I thought you would be able to set up your own challenges/rivals matches i.e. Audi Quattro on the Top Gear track but i can't see how. Maybe we'll just have to do it through Hot Laps instead.

There is a stock Audi Quattro in the club garage

my time; 1:27.041

Last edited:

Racing line:Off
TCS:Off
Stability:Off
ABS:On
All settings set to simulator

Wasn't a perfect lap by a long way, got to be at least 3 seconds plus to eek out, but gives us a stake in the ground. Full HD video can be provided of the lap inc. username details on screen. No ! So it was a 'clean' lap

Who's next!!
I think I hate you ;) an hour of my life I wasted earlier trying to beat your time without getting a ! Now I have a headache, ps I didn't do it but give me a few more days and a neck brace and il have you

Who's next!!

Wazza I must be a rubbish driver I am 2 seconds slower than you ?! I will try it with traction off as well today :(

my time; 1:27.041

look at me look at me! lol That was no assists and a clean lap, although i change gear without a clutch

I have set a car club up as above with two takers so far... but its not as useful as i had first thought it might be becuase you cant set up your own rivals matches :( So unless we do the standard Forza 4 Rivals matches that are already in the game then we will have to just post our times here

Last edited:
01:27.848 clean lap, if I could just sus first corner il be on it, you only have to look at a blade of grass wrong and you get a !

01:25.885 clean lap (in automatic) still a few tenths to shave off yet.

Good work Alex and Kai,yet to have another try as decorating grrr
I've joined the AS N club

yeah but if your changing gear yourself you may as well call it a wet lap and add 4 seconds to my time, i couldn't concentrate as hard as i do AND change gear lol.

Ok I'm really sad as I have nothing better to do but....01:25.336 clean. I reckon high 24's are possible but my swearing is getting louder so I'll leave it for now :)
Also I've noticed you'll get a ! On your next lap if you mess up on the corner before the straight (3rd corner from finish) which I think is ridiculous!

Kai

yeah, its to stop people cutting the last corner to get a better run on to the next lap

edit: reread it. 3rd corner from last? wow

RS3 Sportback in the november map pack !!

Nice one mate, now I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

Maybe I need forza 4. And x box live gold. But atm there's
No point me having gold cos my Internet is awful - virgin media, they're having lots of probs.. :-(
You don't necessarily need to be online to join in the fun, but you do need the game, do it :) I've only joined gold 2 days ago purely for this but don't think it was needed, kids appreciated it anyway, my connection is crap but seems to manage COD ok

Kai

Last edited:
OMG! You must see that track in your sleep :) if I was wearing a hat I'd remove it just for you, not sure if I'm going to catch you with that one.

ooooooooooh, I hadn't seen this before, I'll have a crack tonight!

Are we still using that audi quattro?