Forum newbie needing help identifying hose which is loose.

Wynter

Reaction score
Have used the forums many time to help with maintaining my A3 8L 2002 and it's been a wealth of information to keep it running - so thanks everyone!

I was just getting the Air Con re-gassed when I noticed this hose sitting loosely behind the coolant - I tried to push it in to get some hold - but its still just sitting there. Anyone have an idea what this is, and should it be firm clicked or held in place?

IMG 3092

thats the recirculation pipe for fuel vapour back to the tank. The two next to it are fuel in/out
and its typically loose. If broken you will be able to smell significant fuel fumes

Reactions: andrew_wright and Wynter
Cheers superkarl - that's exactly it then, and I suspect broken as there has definitely been some fumes! Thanks for the answer!

it's clearly already had some interference, as Audi dont use jubilee clips like that. is whatever its clipped into broken or the clip actually broken

Reactions: Wynter
Thanks Stuart B - it doesn't feel broken so much as loose - I notice that the one beside it also has a bit of "play" but not as much.
Ive photographed them at the "open" and "closed" positions without forcing either pipe:

Closed (in)
IMG 3109

Open (out)
IMG 3110