Forthcoming A3 Model

Stitch_626

Reaction score
:blackrs4:As everyone knows - the A3 Cabriolet is on its way out next month. Also the New A3 is set to go into Build from May.

Does anyone have any info of how they are going to change it ? IE Inside, Dials, Displays etc.

Only Reason I know its coming is because I'm Due to have my troublesome A3 changed out for another one, This time for a 2.0TFSI S-Line Quattro :) and the dealer has put the order on hold - as the ordering has stopped for current model.

I think the best information your are likely to get at the moment is by looking at the A3 Cabriolet. The dealers will get a Product Update Details for the 2009 model year some time in the near future but cannot say when.

I will probably call in to my dealers tomorrow to see if their new showroom in finished. I will ask the salesman that I deal with (and have done for the last 10 years) if they have received anything yet. In the past he has always been happy to let me have a copy.

There are details, including interior photos etc of the A3 Cabriolet on the Audi UK website at

http://www.audi.co.uk/etc/medialib/cms4imp/audi2/uk/Products/a3/pdf.Par.0020.File.pdf

The interior shots look much the same as the existing A3. The main differences seem to be with the headlights and front panels, rear lights and the inclusion of LED DRLs in the headlights and LED indicators strips in the door mirrors.

It seems the dealers are having an A3 Cabriolet launch day on Saturday May 10th.

Erm off the cuff... LED running lights, indicators in the wing mirrors, subtle restyling around the front end. restyled switches below the radio. have a look for the pics of the cabriolet and see if you can spot any more changes.

Good find Dave. Looks like there is a poor choice of alloy wheels available too.

and the pic on page 32 of the pdf file shows white text on the DIS and in the clocks. Nice touch!

Does anybody know if those beautiful lights and front bumper will fit on our 8P? New bonnet needed perhaps?

I spoked to Audi last week as I am thinking of buying a new S3 & would prefer the new facelift model the guy phoned me back after speaking to there marketing people & advised me to wait till next month as all will be revealed he said he wasn't allowed to say anymore than that but advised me to wait a few weeks

so does this mean my A3 which is due in july auguest will be a facelift for deffo

Well alot depends on what they say next month I have held back from ordering as would much prefer the facelift if its only a few months away,if you haven't got a build date yet have a chat with your dealer maybe worth delaying if you want the facelift version.

thereis one minor detail with the LED in the wing mirrors that if it is similar to the new TT I really dislike and actually find it quite distracting.. it is that when the indicator is flashing a tiny LED also flashes next to the mirror (so you see it) and I find it quite distracting as your peripheral vision takes it as somone elses lights showing in your wing mirror... I guess one gets used to it but I do not see the point of it!!!

Pedro

I'm actually totally uninspired by the facelift. All they're doing is giving the A3 a bit of Golf styling (repeaters in the mirrors etc). Basically it's exactly the same car with minor cosmetics externally. The new rear lights look a bit saggy on a hatchback in my opinion and i don't like the new positioning of the S-line badge on the front wing.
No way on earth would i be buying a facelift model with my own money if i was having a 3 year finance plan... You'll lose a fortune seeing as the all new A3 will be released in a couple of years. I've got a couple of years to run on my finance but i'll be making sure i get rid of mine well before the all new A3 launch so not to lose too much.
I would buy a facelift S3 though because the all new S3 won't be released until a year or so after the basic A3 so it'll have a longer shelf life...

:blackrs4:As everyone knows - the A3 Cabriolet is on its way out next month. Also the New A3 is set to go into Build from May.

Does anyone have any info of how they are going to change it ? IE Inside, Dials, Displays etc.

Only Reason I know its coming is because I'm Due to have my troublesome A3 changed out for another one, This time for a 2.0TFSI S-Line Quattro :) and the dealer has put the order on hold - as the ordering has stopped for current model.

I phoned Audi UK about this very issue on Wednesday. They categorically denied there was going to be a facelift at all, even though it has been widely reported in the motoring press.

Actually, I asked when the new 2.0 CR diesel in the cabrio will be available across the rest of the range. They answered that there were no plans for a facelift, even though I hadn't even mentioned 'facelift' !!

They are lying of course. Presumably, they want to shift any remaining old stock, which of course will take a hit a resale value once the 'new' model is out.

Maybe they will fix the MFSW so it isnt just mostly-for-show :ermm:

Usually these facelifts are quite subtle so not to affect residuals....

Just ordered my new company car 2 weeks ago......

Doe's that mean I will be getting a no face lift as I have been told it is a factory order and will take 12-16 weeks......

What should I do?????

May be a re post so sorry if it is, doesn't seem to be one thread dedicated to forthcoming facelift so posting it here...

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/hatchbacks/preview-2009-audi-a3-facelift/

wouldn't mind a definitive answer if anyone gets one, I can't. Seems to be opinion that May onwards for builds so if mine not due till june/july ?!

The "Motor Authority" who don't even know what engine is in the S3. And that also means they're not clued up on VAG engines.

A3 looks nice though.

just realised that article from dec 07 so may be a load of cack, shame noone actually knows anything for sure

edit: spoke to audi dealer, orders from monday just gone will be '08 models', stopped taking orders on SE's for a while (no idea why), lease orders from last 4 weeks potentially could be held back depending on lease company as they would have known about the planned revisions so may be supplied as 'facelift' versions - as such big customers they get preferential treatment, residuals very important etc. dealer i spoke to suggested same stuff as is all over the net, drl's, indicator in wing mirror etc, nothing drastic, slightly different grille

There we go was told last week that May we would here something from Audi re facelift looks like Autoexpress etc are there first I expect Audi to realease something in the next few weeks for late summer deliveries....glad I waited now till I ordered for the sake of a few weeks.