Formula one 2013

F1 has always been like that. Back in the days number 2 drivers used to give up there cars for the number 1 driver to use if he occured a problem with his car.

Ferrari like to operate as a team where they put the efforts on one side of the garage with the other side there to help picking up points for the team and take points of other drivers. I personally think nothing wrong with team orders but then again i am a Ferrari fan :sm4:

I was going to single out them as the worse for this tbh :)
I have no favourite team as I appreciate all of their driving

Lewis is awesome :D

Di Resta and Button with wheel problems!

I think that Vettel has been out tampering with wheel nuts overnight.

McLaren shooting themselves in the foot again messing up Buttons pit stop.

Sounds like RB are trying to teach SEB we are a team by trying to keep him behind Mark but he ain't having none of it.

Vettel is a better driver than Webber. No arguments there.

Couldn't agree more but the conspiracy theorist in me say's RB were trying to control SEB but he doesn't want to listen.

Yes, I can't blame the guy, as much as I don't want him to win I do believe he is a racing driver and races to win, not to take orders from a desk jockey. I get why RB were worried, but it is either a race. or it isn't.

Those desk jockey's made SEB a 3 time world champion. Like all employees you have to listen to your boss.

Those desk jockey's made SEB a 3 time world champion. Like all employees you have to listen to your boss.

If he had listened he would have come second. I don't want to watch a parade, I want to watch a race.

We all do but this is modern F1. Get with the programme or get out.

Same story over at Mercedes too, feel bad for Nico, he should have been third.

I was actually impressed by Vettel with his overtake against Webber, but he's still an idiot.

It was the most exciting part of the whole race, whether it was right or wrong for Vettel to do. Team orders are not the right way to go. Let the drivers drive.

Yes, but if it becomes a procession, will it have the millions it needs as people will not want to watch it. Balance is needed. I don't think a team has a right to order a driver once the race has begun.

It’s been known for a long time you race your team mate up to a cut off point set before the race.

Nico took one for his team today, but nobody likes a double crosser Seb! :no:

It’s been known for a long time you race your team mate up to a cut off point set before the race.

Nico took one for his team today, but nobody likes a double crosser Seb! :no:

your so right Spooky, i am positely fuming at your drivers behaviour today. I wish i could make sure you would get nil points today in the ff1 thread, but i cant. As long as you dont overtake me in there then i will be a bit happier, lol. :) x

Only just had a chance to watch this race as I've been v busy this weekend and I've had to stay away from the forum because of yesterday's quali spoiler! but wow ...great race.

Alonso made an uncharacteristic error that will surely affect his first couple of corners for a while to come - I don't think he'll be so eager to get involved in first corner dash's again, as his race craft & strategy are usually enough to get him to the front.

Rosberg looks to be every bit as quick as Hamilton thus far - never expected that either, and his patience may even carry him further than Hamilton's gung-ho approach! but the jury's still out on that one.

I've always thought that Vettel has been given more favourable treatment than Webber! it's the politics of F1 that I've never liked. If I were Webber I'd accept that this could be my last season at RB and be making Vettel pay for that for as long as I remained their second choice driver. What he did would drive me to either beat him or cripple his progress at every circuit ..if I'm not winning races, neither are you mate.

Raikonen regularly has problems on smooth circuits - his preferred setup gives poor steering\traction feedback, so I'd expect more weak results for him at China and Abu Dhabi too ..Which is the same thing that plays into Jenson Button's hands! He loves a smooth circuit - what he lacks is enough aggression to muscle his way past anyone that won't move aside, he's too much the Gentleman. He'll only win when his car's qualifying\race performance, tyres & pit strategy play out in his favour. He can't "take" a win from nowhere like Hamilton could.

comment of the day for me: "we're a bit rusty..." (...at challenging for the lead) @Russ Brawn, spoke volumes when Hamilton was ordered to conserve fuel because they got their calculations wrong. It might be a while before Rosberg gets that favour returned because that probably won't happen again this season, and he'll have to out drive Hamilton to get ahead ...but I'm sure Hamilton will concede to the faster car without argument as a consequence of today.

It's true, F1 is something you need to know fairly intimately to see beyond the procession. :)

Last edited:
Same story over at Mercedes too, feel bad for Nico, he should have been third.

I was actually impressed by Vettel with his overtake against Webber, but he's still an idiot.

Guess the issue is both webber and Lewis outpaced there team mates and were asked to turn the motors down to preserve fuel / tyres, at that point they are no longer racing but bringing it home. Nico made his point and brought it home for the team, his comments after were superb and thought full. Vettal showed a total disregard for the team that have provided him with the car to win 3 championships sometimes at webbers exspense!
He should as John Watson suggested be suspended by the team for 1 race but again as webber pointed out on the podium he is Nursed by the boss of the team, so expect nothing to happen bar a small slap to risk followed by a pat on the back from the boss.

Im split on what to make of that race, the best bit was Webber and Seb racing that was great to watch. What made me laugh is Mark was quicker than Seb, he proved that when Seb was unable to pass him and moaned to his team asking him to get out the way. I can understand where the team was coming from, you can race up until a point but they've got to make the engines and gear box last, dont want to risk taking each other out and have no idea what the tyres are going to do, the last thing they wanted is the situation that happened to Kimi last year where the tyres went off and he lost several places for it.

One thing is for sure Ross Brawn handled the situation well and Nico shows respect for him, thats not what I saw with Horner, but at the end of the day Mark is the person who has lost out the most.

Gutted for Button, they really need to sort themselves out before they end up like Williams

Also kudos to Alonso, Webber was unable to pass him with that busted front wing that impressed me.

Only just noticed F1 Practice on the BBC, they showing Practice 3 on Saturday 3:55 AM

BTW….. Driven : The Fastest Woman In The World … is on Sunday 4:30 PM Wales (Regional times maybe different)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2281580/Susie-Wolff-tipped-British-female-race-Formula-One.html

article-2281580-1808C6CC000005DC-312_306x668.jpg

I love Kimi Raikkonen's quote of the week on sky.

''So have you got loads of new bits to try this weekend?''
''errrr I dunno.'' (then looks away)

Reactions: Ghost
The race is looking like it'll be a very interesting affair and we'll maybe get to judge where the cars & team mates are in relation to each other! hope it stays dry.

Alonso looks the best car and driver out there today

Was always going to come down to the last 10 laps… here we go!

100+MPH Chess!

Kimi Raikkonen has had a good race considering the damage to the front nose.

Button is a bit disappointing, but still just about up there. Vettel has had a good race considering his start position.

Alonso is driving ****** well, very impressive performance.

Hamilton is doing well considering nobody expected much from him this season.

Di Resta is having a good show. 3 more laps!

Brilliant race. I hope Alonso finally wins this year. Best driver there IMO

Epic finish to the race at the end! Shame the race was more about preserving tyres than driving the car on it's limit! Only when Vettel got his soft tyres was there any sign of pushing the car to the max!

So nothing happened to all those drivers being investigated after the race?