Formula 1 (2018 Chat Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferrari are just throwing this away again.
What was they thinking going out on Inters?

Mercedes got it right, if it started raining on the out-lap, (Q3)they still could go on inters and have a go back at Ferrari ??

And for example: "Mercedes Formula 1 junior George Russell ended the post-2018 Hungarian Grand Prix test with the fastest time and a new unofficial circuit lap record.

Good to see George Russell will be in F1 next year at Williams. :icon thumright:

Pity that Williams can't fit Ocon in as well. I suppose Mercedes are doing a deal on the engines for Williams. Mercedes have Pascal Wehrlein as well, he looked to be very promising and I think is a better driver than some of those on the grid ATM.
I hope Williams can make some kind of step over the winter and come out with a much better car next year. They really need it as they are rapidly becoming the also ran team.

Reactions: Ghost

Good to see George Russell will be in F1 next year at Williams. :icon thumright:

Is it the car, the driver, or the garage controller, Ghost; what da ya think?

For sure the Mercedes team principle says whatever, whenever, and to anyone that cares to listen...

Missed the last GP, Ghost, and the end of the previous, and for sure the next, and the one after that; almost a release...

Autonomous F1 is what we have now, I for one have had enough.

Swap the drivers between teams every 2-years, and BAN radios now!

And bring back the grid girls...

180319143101 grid girls 7 exlarge 169

Reactions: jojo, Ghost and martin1984
Wow, I’m surprised by the silence on this chat! Lol

Congrats to Lewis on his 5th F1 title!! :D

He’s officially an F1 legend status on record! 2 more and he would equal Schumi.

Unlucky for Vettel, it could have been close if he hadn’t made that mistake whilst leading the race.

Reactions: Ron240
Yes a very well deserved title for Lewis this year. :)
It's possible he could equal Schumacher before his current contract expires.
He has already achieved F1 legendary status, but will probably never be able to silence his critics. :D

Max gets 2 days community service
What a joke.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: jojo, Ghost and Ozmosis
Max gets 2 days community service
What a joke.

I don't seem to remember Senna getting any punishment after lumping Irvine for the same thing!

Or Schumacher after going for Coulthard after the Spa incident...

LOL

Reactions: martin1984 and slepy
Only a matter of time before F1 drivers are leaping around like they've been shot after a girly push ;)

TX.

Reactions: jojo, Ghost and slepy
I don't seem to remember Senna getting any punishment after lumping Irvine for the same thing!
Or Schumacher after going for Coulthard after the Spa incident...
You are correct, there wasn't.
There was no official penalty system in place back then....it is only a fairly recent thing.
I do however remember Schumacher being punished twice - once when he tried his dirty tricks at the end of the season once too often, and again when he parked his Ferrari in the middle of the track during final qualifying at Monaco. :D

Reactions: jojo and Ghost
You are correct, there wasn't.
There was no official penalty system in place back then....it is only a fairly recent thing.
I do however remember Schumacher being punished twice - once when he tried his dirty tricks at the end of the season once too often, and again when he parked his Ferrari in the middle of the track during final qualifying at Monaco. :D

Ah the **** Dastardly move at Jerez with Villeneuve. Remember it well!

Reactions: Ron240 and jojo
The crash? Probably whoever got penalised for it but as Lewis said, Max had more to lose and didn't need to take the risk. Doesn't excuse Max for behaving like a **** after the race.

The crash? Probably whoever got penalised for it but as Lewis said, Max had more to lose and didn't need to take the risk. Doesn't excuse Max for behaving like a **** after the race.

At the time of watching, I thought Max could have given more room to Ocon personally, he must have known he was there?

At the time of watching, I thought Max could have given more room to Ocon personally, he must have known he was there?
I thought so too. He closed it pretty quickly.

Fantastic to hear Robert Kubica will be back racing for Williams next year. :icon thumright:

:racer:

Reactions: Ozmosis, cherryn and slepy
Was this a Black Friday deal..
I can see she’s had 20% taken off her dress?
clear.png

180319143101-grid-girls-7-exlarge-169-jpg.167653

:)

Reactions: MuPPeT_ON_TouR and martin1984
Good end to a brilliant season.....loved the synchronised doughnuts by Hamilton, Alonso and Vettel. :D
Overtaking manoeuvre of the race and possibly season goes to Verstappen.
One thing about the race baffles me though......why did the stewards not give Bottas a penalty for completely missing a corner and gaining an advantage?
They gave penalties to Ocon and Alonso for much less blatant infringement of that rule.
A penalty for Alonso was incredibly harsh I thought. :astonished:

Reactions: Ozmosis and slepy
Good end to a brilliant season.....loved the synchronised doughnuts by Hamilton, Alonso and Vettel. :D
Overtaking manoeuvre of the race and possibly season goes to Verstappen.
One thing about the race baffles me though......why did the stewards not give Bottas a penalty for completely missing a corner and gaining an advantage?
They gave penalties to Ocon and Alonso for much less blatant infringement of that rule.
A penalty for Alonso was incredibly harsh I thought. :astonished:

Apparently Alonso had been cutting corners for three consecutive laps trying to catch the Haas. Charlie Whiting mentioned a potential black flag!

Ahhhhh......that explains it then.
I watched the race on Ch.4 and I only heard one corner being mentioned.
I'm still Baffled by Bottas lack of penalty though.

Reactions: Ozmosis
Congratulations to Lewis, and a sad farewell to Fernando....a true racer and all round nice guy.
I used to love f1 and never missed a race,but in recent years something has been missing, f1 was supposed to be the pinnacle of motorsports,..... the best drivers in the fastest cars....RACING flat out..... not driving to save fuel and tyres to make sure they reach the end of the race. Don't get me wrong, I still like f1.......it just seems to have lost its soul

Was it just me or did the marshals take ages to get to the rolled car which was on fire ?
The safety car should not have been there first imo.
OK I get they are behind barriers but still 24 seconds is a hell of a long time .I would have thought they would have had a small gate to allow them access to the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.